Student Account Information for Parents/Authorized Payers

Student Account Information for Parents/Authorized Payers

The Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) limits the amount of information we can provide you, so we recommend that you keep the lines of communication open with your student.

Here's what you can do:

Information for NYITCOM Parents and Students Information for Vancouver Parents and Students

For information and online resources about various academic success topics, please see Academic Success and Enrichment.

FERPA Release

Students may grant or revoke both financial and/or academic access to account information for one or more individuals.

Online FERPA Submission

Students can also now complete the FERPA student release form online through the Student Service HUB—Your Home for University Business.

Please follow these steps to submit the FERPA online:

  • Log in to Student Service HUB
  • Choose My Profile select "FERPA Student Release Form"
  • The form will automatically populate your phone and address information. Please confirm that this is correct or update it if it is outdated by following the "Update Home Address" or "Update Mobile Number" links.
  • Once you have completed all of the required fields, you may submit the FERPA which will remain in effect until you revoke the authorization.
  • You may revoke the FERPA online if need be. Please click here for more information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Please click here for more information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).


New York Institute of Technology uses electronic billing statements for all student accounts who have a balance due. Due to the advantages of e-billing, we no longer print, mail, or provide paper copies of tuition bills. You're welcome, though, to download and print a hard copy of your e-bill from a personal computer.

Accessing your E-bill and Authorizing a 3rd Party Payer is Easy

Paying as an Authorized Payer

  • New York Institute of Technology uses electronic billing statements (e-bills) for all student accounts who have a balance due. Paper bills are not generated.
  • Parent or other designee must be set up as an "Authorized Payer" by their student in order to receive email notification and access to the electronic statement (e-bill), and to make payments.

Student account transactions are available for viewing online. Parent or other designee must be set up by their student in order to have access to online transactions.

How to Authorize a Parent or an Authorized Payer

  • To allow your parents or some other designee to access and view your student e-bill: Sign in to your Student Service HUB account. Select "My Student Account" then choose My Account and on the "Overview" tab in the middle of the page underneath Do you want help paying? select Send a Payer Invitation.
  • A window will open where you can complete the payer invitation, choose the access you are granting and write a brief message to the authorized payer.
  • Once you select send invitation, an email will be sent to that individual to create their PIN.
  • Once you've been granted access, Authorized payees can view your e-bills, view tax forms (if granted) make payments, and view your balance as they become available. You will be sent an email notification when a new e-bill is available for viewing. * Please note that e-bills are only sent once a month on or about the 16 of the month only if you have a balance due. Authorized Payers may sign on here.
  • You can verify payments posted to your account in real time by logging into the Student Service HUB. You won't see the same payments immediately on your e-bill because it is a monthly statement; they will appear in the next billing cycle.
  • For more information on payments and paying your bill, click here.


If you need assistance with navigating the Transact Payments (Formerly known as CASHNet) Full-Service Payment Plan website or enrolling into a payment plan, please contact the Transact Payments Customer Care Center, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST at 888.381.8054 (first choose option "1" then choose option number "2" for students and parents).

Acceptable Forms of Payment
  • Credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
  • Cash (ID required for all cash transactions)
  • eCheck: A convenient payment option. Simply enter your U.S. checking or savings account information and payment will be made electronically.
    The routing number is the nine-digit number printed in the bottom left corner of each check. Your specific account number (usually 10 to 12) is the second set of numbers printed on the bottom of your checks.
  • Check (Processed as an Automatic Clearing House payment; funds will be electronically deducted from your account)
  • Money order/travelers checks
  • 529/College Savings Plan (Students can now choose to make a 529 payment through a direct pay link from select 529 plans. For participating plans, sign into the Student Service HUB and choose the 529 payment option. Once you link your participating 529 plan, you can request your payments to be sent to New York Tech electronically. Electronic 529 payments save students processing time, provide real-time validation and account posting, quicker receipt of funds, and elimination of over payments. There is a $10 processing fee charged by Transact for 529 disbursements.)

More Information About Making Payments

Pay Online Log in to your student account at the Student Service HUB. You may pay by credit card, eCheck/ACH, Flywire, TransferMate (formerly Pay to Study), or 529 College Savings Plan.

By Mail (New York City and Long Island Campuses) Include your student ID number and send payment to:

New York Institute of Technology Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 392
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000

In-Person For limited in person hours at the Long Island campus visit Student Resources Office Hours.

View hours and locations for the Office of the Bursar. **PLEASE DO NOT MAIL PAYMENTS TO THIS ADDRESS**

Long Island
Harry Schure Hall, 1st Floor

New York City
16 W. 61st St., 1st Floor

Enroll in a Tuition Payment Plan

New York Tech students can enroll in a monthly payment plan administered by Transact Payments.

  • Log in to the Student Service HUB
  • Go to My Student Account and choose My Account
  • Go to Payment Plans and follow the links and instructions provided for Transact Payments, Tuition Payment Plan

If you need assistance with navigating the Transact Payments Full-Service Payment website or enrolling into a payment plan, please contact the Transact Payments Customer Care Center, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST at 888.381.8054 (first choose option "1" then choose option number "2" for students and parents).

For more information on Tuition Payment Plan offerings click here.

International Student Payments

We offer a number of ways for our international students to pay for New York Tech tuition, fees, and housing. We encourage you to consider Flywire or TransferMate (formerly Pay to Study) as a cost effective and expedited way to make your payments to include international credit cards in your home currency.

Please beware of any other third party not listed on the New York Tech website that offers to make a payment on your behalf to New York Tech as these parties may be fraudulent vendors and are not authorized to accept payment on behalf of New York Tech. Students should not share their New York Tech ID, login ID, or any payment information with anyone offering to make a payment to New York Tech on their behalf.

For information on how to make an international student payment click here.

Commuter Plus Dining Plan for Non-Residential Students

This plan is designed for non-residential students who plan to dine in our retail locations on campus such as Riland Café and the SAC Servery at the Long Island campus.

Add funds to NYIT "One Card": Your New York Tech OneCard is the easiest way to pay for meals on campus. Just swipe your card at the checkout area—costs will be instantly deducted from your account. OneCard funds can be added any time via credit card. OneCard is available for students as well as New York Tech employees. It's the one card you need.

To add funds/make a guest deposit, or check your balance visit here.

Manage your Classes

For information about refunds due to dropping, withdrawal, or dismissal, please consult the New York Tech Catalog for the Withdrawal/Dismissal Refund Policy.

Understand how Adding, Dropping or Withdrawing from a Class can affect you financially and academically.

Requesting a Refund

If New York Institute of Technology owes you money from overpayment on a bill, you have the option of receiving direct deposit to an existing checking or savings account (United States bank only), a refund check, or BankMobile Vibe debit card. Our school delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.

How to Choose a Refund Method

We encourage all students to select a refund method as soon as possible whether or not you currently have a credit balance, to expedite delivery of any future refunds. Currently over 90% of our students receive electronic delivery of their refunds.

Step 1. Select your refund method with BankMobile Disbursements Online:

  • Log in to the Student Service HUB
  • Choose My Student Account
  • Select "Choose My Refund Method"
  • This will bring you to the BankMobile Disbursements screen
  • Create a Log In, take a brief banking survey and select your refund method.

Step 2. Request a refund by selecting "Submit Refund Request":

  • Log in to the Student Service HUB
  • Choose My Student Account
  • Select "Submit Refund Request"
  • Complete the form with the required fields and submit
  • Your request will be sent to the Office of the Bursar for review. Please be sure that you have completed step 1 before submitting a refund request.

Note: If a credit balance is due to a personal check or ACH check, it will be subject to a 30-day hold unless proof of clearance has been provided.

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BankMobile Disbursements

In Person or via Mail or Fax

  1. Download, print, and fill out a Refund Request Form (PDF).
  2. Return the form by mail, email, fax, or in person to the Office of the Bursar in Long Island or New York City.

AWG Dewar Tuition Refund Insurance

New York Tech's Tuition Refund Plan offered by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. is an elective insurance plan that provides 75% or 100% coverage of the insured term's tuition, fees, housing costs, and meal plans (if applicable) if you need to withdraw from classes and leave school due to medical or mental health reasons. All students registered for classes in the fall, spring, and summer terms are automatically enrolled in the plan. To opt out, log into the Student Service HUB, choose Resources then you will find the AWG Dewar's Tuition Waiver link. Complete the required fields on the waiver form and submit. The Office of the Bursar will be sent a notification to process your waiver request.


For more information, see the Academic Catalog, or call 516.686.7510.


Health Insurance

For most students at New York Institute of Technology, health insurance is required for students enrolled at the New York campuses. This requirement is consistent with many other schools in the New York metro area and is widely endorsed by New York Tech's academic, student and health services divisions. At New York Tech, we offer a broad coverage, ACA-compliant health insurance plan through Aetna, a large national health care insurance provider.

Read More

Students in one or more of the following categories are automatically enrolled for health insurance:

  • Full-time undergraduate students
  • Student-athletes
  • Residence hall occupants
  • School of Health Professions students
  • International students holding an F-1 or a J-1 visa

Waiver Information Some students may be eligible for a waiver of health insurance. For waiver eligibility click here.

IRS Tax Forms (1098T or T2202)

To view your tax forms:

  1. Sign into your my.NYIT account
  2. Click on Student Service HUB
  3. Click on My Student Account
  4. Next choose My Account
  5. On the "Overview Tab," select Tax Forms

Form 8300 Cash Transaction Reporting

New York Tech is required to report to the IRS the receipt of cash in excess of $10,000 in a single transaction (or two or more related transactions) that is received in the course of the university's trade or business within a 12 month period.

Form 8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, must be filed with the IRS for each reportable transaction by the 15th day subsequent to the transaction.

Please refer to IRS Publication 1544 for information on reportable transactions.

If you have any questions regarding this federal reporting requirement or the referenced documents, please contact the Office of the Bursar at 516.686.7510.

Save Time, Do It Online!
Need immediate assistance? Explore our self-help options and how-to enrollment service videos for links to frequently requested information and to find out how to take care of payments and other enrollment-related activities easily and fully online.

Learn More