Housing Costs & Meal Plans
"Commuter Plus" Non-Residential Student Meal Plan
This plan is designed for non-residential students who plan to dine in our retail locations on campus such as Riland Café and the SAC Servery at the Long Island campus.
Terms and Conditions:
- In order to enroll, non-residential New York Tech students must add a minimum deposit of $50 to their "Commuter Plus" dining services plan.
- The term of this Meal Plan Agreement is from September 9, 2020 through May 22, 2021 (the "Term").
- During the Term, the non-residential student will be eligible to save 8.625% sales tax on purchases made at the Long Island campus dining services retail locations.
- Any funds that are returned as unpaid for insufficient funds will result in the reversal of those funds from the declining balance.
- Any "Commuter Plus Meal Plan" balance will expire on May 22, 2021, and funds do not carry over from one year to the next.
- In the event that a student is dismissed or withdraws from New York Tech, the funds are forfeited and are non-refundable.
To enroll or add funds to the Commuter Plus Meal Plan, visit the New York Tech OneCard Account Management portal.
Or go to my.nyit.edu, and select the One Card Tile.
Long Island Campus Residential Costs, Fall 2020
During the fall 2020 semester, our Long Island residential students are residing at the Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn, 3 Harbor Park Drive, Port Washington, NY 11050. The hotel is 3.4 miles from New York Tech’s Long Island campus.
Students assigned to a housing space must be current on any payment plan arrangements for the current semester and/or have fulfilled their financial obligations to the institution in full for the current semester.
- Non-Refundable Housing Deposit: $360
- Damage Deposit: $500
November 25, 2020 Move-out
- Single: $11,700
- Double: $7,700
If a plan is not selected you will automatically be placed in the 1 meal- 5 days plan.
- 1 meal, 5 days (Sunday-Thursday): $600
- 2 meals, 5 days (Sunday-Thursday): $900
December 22, 2020 Move Out
- Single: $14,750
- Double: $9,350
If a plan is not selected you will automatically be placed in the one-meal/fivedays plan.
- 1 meal, 5 days (Sunday-Thursday): $800
- 2 meals, 5 days (Sunday-Thursday): $1,200
New York City Campus Residential Costs, Per Semester for Academic Year 2020–2021
- Housing Deposit: $360
- Damage Deposit, per term: $142.50 (refunded if no damages are assessed)
- Contract Liquidation Fee: $390 (if you cancel your housing before moving in after Jan. 1 for spring or July 1 for fall)
Andersen Hall, Manhattan School of Music
- Single: $9,610
- Double: $8,170
Riverside Residence Hall
- Single: $9,610
- Double: $8,000
- Single, shared bath: $9,550
- Double, shared bath: $7,655
- Residents of Andersen Hall: First-year students will have a declining balance meal plan ($1,307.50 per semester) at the Manhattan School of Music's dining hall. This amount, which is included in the cost of the room, will cover the cost of most dining hall meals.
- Residents of Riverside Residence Hall: As there is no meal plan offered at Riverside Hall, you will be responsible for your own meals. There are kitchens on each floor and you may have a refrigerator and microwave in your room.
Housing Occupancy During Vacations, Holiday Periods, and Summers
- Day, Summer/Intersession (Long Island): TBA
- Day, Summer/Intersession (New York City): $120
- Week, (Long Island): TBA
- Single, Day/Week (New York City): $75/$435
- Single shared bath, Day/Week (New York City: $70/$380
- Double, Day/Week (New York City): $60/$345
- Double shared bath, Day/Week (New York City): $55/$320
- Triple, Day/Week (New York City): $50/$300