To Shan Li currently serves as the interim vice chair of OMM at the NYITCOM campus in Jonesboro, Ark. He is also the associate course director of the musculoskeletal system in the first-year curriculum and serves on the curriculum advisory committee. In addition to teaching, he provides osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM) specialty care and acupuncture to patients at the college's two academic healthcare centers.
Li’s current research focuses on the study of the effect of OMM for constipation in subjects with parkinson's disease. He graduated with distinction from Cornell University in 1991 with an A.B. in Biological Sciences. He attended the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency in family practice. He is board certified in family medicine, osteopathic manipulative medicine, and integrative holistic medicine.
- BHS-1065 : Principal Investigator – Effect of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine on Constipation in Parkinson's Disease
- Li TS, Mancini J, Integrative Approach for Parkinson's disease, Alternative and Complementary Therapies, February 2017: Vol 23, No. 1: 34
- Lal K, Lowe E, Treyger G, Li, T.S., East Meets West and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: Combining Treatment Modalities for Atopic Dermatitis, Practical Dermatology, September 2016: 26-32, 56
- Watari J (OMS IV), Danowitz M (OMS IV), Jacobs S (OMS IV), Li, To S, Etiology, Evaluation, and Osteopathic Management of Adult Constipation, Osteopathic Family Physician, Vol.8 No.4, July/August 2016: 24-31
- Beatty, D.R., Li, T.S., Steele, K.M., Comeaux, Z.J., Garlitz, J.M., Kribs, J.W., Lemley, W.W., The Pocket Manual of OMT: Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment for Physicians, Second Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins/ Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia 2011
- Fisher, J.F., Henderson, A.T., Li, T.S., and Bridges, K.G. Changes in Salivary α-amylase After Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, JAOA, Jan 2009; 109:S34
Honors and Awards
- Standard of Excellence Award (NYITCOM), February 2017
Course Taught at New York Tech
- Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Gastrointestinal System
- Years 1 & 2 OMM lab