Purushottam Meena is an Associate Professor of Operations Management in the School of Management at New York Institute of Technology. Before joining New York Tech, he completed his a Post-Doctoral research in Supply Chain Management at the WHU Otto Beishiem School of Management, Germany. He holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management. His primary area of research interest includes Big Data Analytics; Blockchain Applications in Supply Chain; Reshoring; Sustainable Operations; Risk Management; Supply Chain Performance; Buyer-Supplier Relationships; Simulation; and Optimization.
His Ph.D. dissertation won the 2012 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award, and was a finalist for the 2013 CSCMP Doctoral Dissertation Award. Dr. Meena was conferred with the 2018 Distinguished NYIT-SoM Faculty Scholarship Award. He has authored more than 50 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers/abstracts. His research work has appeared in leading journals including the Transportation Research Part E; International Journal of Production Economics; International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology; Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing; Industrial Management and Data Systems; International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management; International Journal of Operational Research; IIMB Management Review; Global Business Review; International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modeling; Benchmarking: An International Journal.
Dr. Meena has delivered keynote talks in different international conferences. He also moderated panels on supply chain topics. Dr. Meena serves on the Editorial Board of more than ten journals such as the International Journal of Business Analytics; International Journal of Automation Logistics; International Journal of Remanufacturing; International Journal of Collaborative Intelligence; International Journal of Applied Management Sciences and Engineering; EuroMed Journal of Management, Asian Journal of Management Science Application. He also served as chief-guest editor for a special issue on "Supply Chain Sustainability and Mitigating Risks" for International Journal of Automation and Logistics.
Meena also served as editorial advisory board members for several books. Dr. Meena has edited several invited sessions for several International conferences. He regularly chairs invited sessions in top conferences including the POMS. Dr. Meena serves as the reviewer for NSF grants proposal.
Recent Projects & Research
- Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach for Sourcing Strategies Under Disruption Risks (ISRC Grant)
- Supply Chain Design under Disruptions Risks and Carbon Emission (ISRC Grant)
- Big Data-Driven Energy Management in Solar Powered Smart Homes (ISRC Grant
- Katiyar, R., Meena, P.L., Barua, M.K., Tibrewala, R. and Kumar, G. (2018), Impact of Sustainability and Manufacturing Practices on Supply Chain Performance: Findings from PLS and AHP. International Journal of Production Economics. 197: 303–316.
- Katiyar, R., Barua, M.K. and Meena, P.L. (2018). Analyzing the Interactions among the Barriers of Supply Chain Performance Measurement: An ISM with Fuzzy MICMAC Approach. Global Business Review. 19(1): 1–21.
- Tibrewala, R., Tibrewala, R. and Meena, P.L. (2018). Buyback Policy for Supply Chain Coordination: A Simple Rule. International Journal of Operational Research. 31(4): 545–572.
- Kumar, G., Banerjee, R.N., Meena, P.L. and Ganguly, K.K. (2017). Joint Planning and Problem-Solving Roles in Supply Chain Collaboration. IIMB Management Review. 29(1): 45–57.
- Kumar, G., Banerjee, R.N., Meena, P.L. and Ganguly, K.K. (2016). Collaborative Culture and Relationship Strength Roles in Collaborative Relationships: A Supply Chain Perspective. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 31(5): 587–599.
- Meena, P.L. and Sarmah, S.P. (2016). Supplier Selection and Demand Allocation Under Supply Disruption Risks, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 83(1): 265–274.
Honors & Awards
- Ph.D. dissertation won the 2012 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management category
- Session Chair at 2015 POMS 26th Annual Conference, Washington D.C.
- Session Chair at 2015 International Conference on Organization and Management, New Delhi, India
- Biography included in Marquis Who's Who in America, 2015–2016
- Guest Editor for the International Journal of Automation Logistics
- Distinguished School of Management Faculty Scholarship Award, 2018
Courses Taught at NYIT
- Supply Chain Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Science
- Simulation Modeling
- Statistics Sampling Theory
- Business Statistics
- Management Science
- Decision Support Systems