Maria A. Pino received her Ph.D. in Pharmacology, M.S in Toxicology, and B.S in Pharmacy from St. John’s University in Queens, N.Y. Prior to joining New York Tech, Pino taught pharmacology at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine. Her current research is focused on vesicant-induced skin injury, including the search for effective countermeasures. She is a licensed NYS pharmacist, practicing in the community-pharmacy setting, and is certified to administer immunizations to patients.
- Vesicant toxicity in an in vivo model
- Vesicant toxicity and protectants in an in vitro model
- "Junsanto-Bahri T, and Pino MA. Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, 2015
- Pino, MA, Pietk-Ottlik,M and Billack, B. Selected ebselen analogs reduce mechlorethamine toxicity in vitro. Cutan Ocul Toxicology. 2014;33(1):32-41
- Lulla A, Pino MA, Piętka-Ottlik M, Młochowski J, Sparavalo O, Billack B. Ebselen Reduces the Toxicity of Mechlorethamine in A-431 Cells via Inhibition of Apoptosis. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2013;27(6):313-22
- Pino, MA, Pietk-Ottlik,M and Billack, B Ebselen analogues reduce 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulphide toxicity in A-431 cells. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013; 64(1): 77-86.
- Patel MR, Pandya KG, Lau-Cam CA, Singh S, Pino MA, Billack B, Degenhardt K, Talele TT. Design and synthesis of N-substituted indazole-3-carboxamides as poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase-1 (PARP-1) inhibitors. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2012; 79(4):488-96.
- Camarata, T.D., Weaver, G.C., Vasilyev, A., and Arnaout, M.A. (2015) PLoS One 10(6):e0129561. Negative regulation of TGFβ signaling by Stem cell antigen-1 protects against ischemic acute kidney injury.
- Palmire, A., Lee, J., Ryklin, G., Camarata, T., Selig, M.K., Duchemin, A., Nowak, P., Amin Arnaout, A., Drummond, I., and Vasilyev, A. (2014) PLoS One 9:e101304. Collective epithelial migration drives kidney repair after acute injury.
- Camarata, T., Snyder, D., Schwend, T., Klosowiak, J., Holtrup, B., and Simon H-G. (2010) BMC Dev Biol 10:104. Pdlim7 is required for maintenance of the mesenchymal/epidermal Fgf signaling feedback loop during zebrafish pectoral fin development.
- Camarata, T., Krcmery, J., Snyder, D., Park, S., Topczewski, J., and Simon, H-G. (2010). Dev Biol 15:233-245. Pdlim7 (LMP4) regulation of Tbx5 specifies zebrafish heart atrio-ventricular boundary and valve formation.
Courses Taught at New York Tech
Professional Honors & Awards
- Teacher of the Year 2014-2015 (TouroCOM)