James Fauvell has been teaching at New York Tech for more than 30 years and was the chairperson of the Communication Arts Department for 15 years. He serves on the Academic Senate and is a member of the Joint Council of the AAUP at New York Institute of Technology.
Fauvell has taught on both New York Tech New York campuses, as well as in Korea and Taiwan. He also helped developed a joint degree program with the French school, L'Ecole Française des attachés de Presse et des Professionnels de la Communication.
Prior to teaching, Fauvell was the president and co-founder of Park West Theatrical Production in New York City. He has acted, directed and produced comedies, musicals, documentaries, dramatic, and children’s productions.
He is a member of the American Film Institute, Actors Equity, the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and Center for Communication. Currently on the Board of Directors of CADET and the Stuttering Resource Foundation.
- Film : Other Peoples’ People, 2015
- Presentations: New York Tech Nanjing Conference on MOOCS, 2015
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- Television Production Levels 1, 2, 3, 4
- Location Production
- Video blogging
- Globesville web based production)
- Vocabulary of the Media Critic
- Mass Communication and Society
- Media and Society
- Media and Culture
- Principles and Processes of Mass Communication
- Theater workshop