Christina Finn graduated from the University of Scranton in 2004 with a Master's Degree in occupational therapy and earned her doctoral degree from the University of New England in 2018. She has 15 years of experience in all areas of physical rehabilitation across the spectrum of care, including acute care, inpatient, and outpatient rehabilitation.
Finn has extensive experience working with individuals diagnosed with a various neurological conditions, with a specialty in visual, vestibular and perceptual rehabilitation. She has presented to various healthcare professionals on the topic of vision rehabilitation, concussion and its impact on daily living skills, and she also lectures nationally on the topic of post-concussion syndrome and the role of rehabilitation. Her current research interests include traumatic brain injury, concussion, and visual perceptual rehabilitation.
Christina Finn describes her passion for concussion management.
- Finn, C. (2020). Effects of a Faculty Training Program on Knowledge and Awareness of Student Concussion and Academic Performance. Journal of American College Health.
- Finn, C. (2019). Occupational therapists’ perceived confidence in the management of concussion: Implications for occupational therapy education. Journal of International Occupational Therapy.
- Finn, C. (2019). An occupation based approach to management of concussion: Guidelines for practice. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Zwibel, H., Leder, A.,Yao, S., & Finn, C. (2018). Concussion evaluation and management: An osteopathic perspective. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. DOI: 10.7556/jaoa.2018.144.
- The Role of Vision in Fine Motor Performance Skills, OT Practice, August 2011
- The Role of Occupational Therapy in Managing Post-Concussion Syndrome, Special Interest Quarterly, AOTA March 2015
Honors and Awards
- Award for Academic Excellence, 2003
- Award for Academic Excellence, 2004
- Excellence in Qualitative Research, 2004
Courses Taught at New York Tech
- OCTH 853 Specialized Topics in Neuro-rehabilitation
- OCTH 750 Interventions in Physical Dysfunction
- OCTH 725 Assistive Technology and Environmental Modifications
- OCTH 714 Assessments in Physical Dysfunction
- OCTH 705 OT Theory III: Skills for Physical Dysfunction
- OCTH 755 Occupational Theory IV- Skills for Physical Dysfunction
- OCTH 830 Motor Learning and Development
- OT 140 Clinical Neuroscience Lab
- OT 215 Fieldwork Seminar
- OT 432 Medical Surgical Rehabilitation