Message from the Chair: Department of Education
Welcome to the Department of Teacher Education. We are committed to high-quality preparation that ensures the effectiveness, diversity, and readiness of professional educators to serve all students. We offer graduate teaching programs in both online and blended program formats, the latter incorporating online classes and face-to-face on-campus instruction.
Technology is infused throughout the curriculum to facilitate and inspire student learning, and to assist in the design and development of digital age learning experiences and assessments. Our teacher preparation model couples flexible online instruction with regular, in-person training sessions in Pre-K-12 classrooms, where you will have the opportunity to interact with students. We partner with schools at every level to ensure educator preparation that strengthens classroom instruction, supports local schools, and reflects student needs.
Robert Feirsen, Ed.D.
Chair, Department of Teacher Education
- Adolescent Education (Initial Certification), M.A.T. (grades 7 to 9) Biology, Chemistry, Social Studies, English, and Math
- Bilingual Extension, Advanced Certificate (grades P to 12)
- Childhood Education, Extensions (grades 7 to 9)
- Childhood Education, M.S. (grades 1 to 6) Initial Certification and Professional Certification
- Early Childhood Education, M.S. (birth to grade 2) Initial Certification and Professional Certification, with Bilingual Extension
- Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
- School District Leadership, Advanced Certificate
- School Leadership & Technology, Advanced Diploma
Robert Feirsen, Department Chair
Wisser Library, room 333