Admission Requirements: Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S.
Thanks for your interest in the Instructional Technology, Educators, M.S. program.
Applying to this program at NYIT-Vancouver? See special requirements
Admission Requirements for M.S. Programs
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Students who have a GPA between 2.85 and 2.99 may be considered for conditional admission by the program chair. If students are admitted conditionally, they must achieve a 3.0 GPA in the first six graduate credits to continue in the M.S. program.
- In accordance with New York State's regulation and accreditation agency's requirements, applicants should submit official report of a national standardized exam (GRE or MAT) with a competitive score. Candidates who already have a Master Degree from an accredited institution are exempt. Please contact the admissions office or department for details.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic uses of instructional technology at the beginning of the program. If students not have requisite skills, program faculty will work with them to determine appropriate prerequisite courses to address the deficits. This is done on an individual basis.
- Initial/provisional or permanent/professional New York state certification in any teaching area.
- Achieve a passing score on the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Content Specialty Test (CST) for the area of initial certification.
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a personal statement of why you want to become an educational technology specialist.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Copy of college diploma or proof of degree.
- Copies of teaching certificates you currently hold if you are seeking New York State certification.
- Official GRE scores, if required. NYIT GRE Code: 2561 NYIT MAT Code: 1487
- International student requirements: English proficiency, I-20, and transcript evaluation
New York education law now permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. Individuals with U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status may qualify for a permanent or professional New York State Teaching Certificate.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.
- If you have any questions about admissions or eligibility, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.7520.