Admission Requirements: Childhood Education, Extensions
Thanks for your interest in the Childhood Education, Extensions degree. Increase your marketability by considering a Middle School Extension Certificate.
In order to be admitted to the 7-9 extension degree program to childhood education certification, you must meet the following requirements.
- Possess valid initial or professional certification in elementary or childhood education (grades 1-6). You may be in the process of completing certification.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- You may need to complete additional coursework and a Content Specialist Test.
You should meet with the graduate advisor, Dr. Minaz Fazal, about concentration coursework eligibility.
Apply online today. Applying is easy with our online application. The completed online application form requires general contact information as well as information about undergraduate coursework and GPA. It is possible for you to begin an online application, save the initial information entered, and return at a later time to complete and submit the full materials.
- Online application
- A copy of your initial or professional teaching certification in Childhood Education
- Immunization form
- $50 application fee
New York education law now permits nonresident aliens to qualify for an initial license. Individuals with U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status may qualify for a permanent or professional New York State Teaching Certificate.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, as long as space is available.