ACE and iAchieve
ACE (Achieving Collegiate Excellence), a student success program initiated in the fall of 2019, was designed to provide academic support to undergraduate students who need to raise their GPA to meet scholarship qualifications. By completing the three-part program over the course of the semester, invited students fulfill the program requirements to receive their full academic scholarship.
- An online academic success course consisting of modules on growth areas such as time management, study skills, career exploration and more. While some modules are required, students can choose other modules according to their interests and needs.
- Academic success activities including tutoring, research skills development, and resume-writing. Students are required to complete up to 3 engagement activities focused on building confidence and increasing skills they need to succeed.
- One-on-one meetings with an academic coach. Each student participating in ACE is assigned a faculty or staff coach who provides guidance and accountability for the duration of the program. Coaches and students meet a minimum of three times per semester.
iAchieve serves as a precursor to ACE and specifically targets freshmen in their second semester who have an institutional scholarship and would benefit from receiving one-on-one coaching. This program is designed to provide the same support and personalized guidance to students that has proven to be successful in the ACE program but offered earlier in the student’s academic career. Unlike the ACE program, modules, webinars, and academic success activities are strongly recommended but not required.
- An online academic success course consisting of modules and webinars on growth areas such as time management and finding their purpose.
- Academic success activities including live chats and workshops on procrastination, grit, and resilience.
- One-on-one meetings with an academic coach. Each student participating in iAchieve is assigned a faculty or staff coach who provides guidance and support for the duration of the program. Coaches and students meet a minimum of three times per semester.
The ACE and iAchieve programs have one overarching goal: to ensure students in need achieve academic success by completing their degree.
The success of this program relies on the efforts of New York Tech faculty and staff who have participated in this student success initiative.
Comments from Our Students
“ACE improved my time management and study habits!”
“Thanks to ACE and my coach, I’m more confident in my classes.”
“This program has definitely helped hold me more accountable for my success in class.”
Student Success Program Manager