NYIT has much to offer students beyond the classroom, including athletics, clubs, internships, and more.
Our team is dedicated to fostering your success and creating an inclusive community across all campuses and sites throughout the world. Our hope is for you to find life outside the classroom to be a rich and rewarding experience.
The Dean of Students provides advocacy and support to all students across all colleges, schools, programs, and campuses. Primary areas of support include:
- Behavioral intervention and management of student of concern processes.
- Medical withdrawals and reentry processes.
- Crisis management and behavioral threat assessment.
- Student conduct hearing and academic integrity resolution processes.
- Dean certifications for verification of disciplinary standing.
- Assistance grants for students with short-term emergency needs.
Career Services offers students tools they need to start a successful career. Our staff works with students and alumni on how to write targeted resumes and cover letters, conduct job searches, interview confidently, and plan for the future.
Residence Life provides students interested in living near campus with a supportive, home-away-from-home experience. Each residence hall is staff with trained staff members positions to help students thrive, succeed, and excel.
Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation prides itself on producing student-athletes—men and women who work just as hard in the classroom as they do on the field or in the gym. In addition to overseeing Division II NCAA sports teams, we also provide a variety of recreational activities for students, staff, and faculty.
International Education assists international students with government regulation compliance. We help international students navigate life at NYIT and in the United States through our many support services and cultural programs.
Student Engagement provides students on our Long Island and New York City campuses with a transformative learning and engagement experience. Through effective partnerships and collaborations with students, student organizations, and campus partners, we help students realize their full potential for pursuing co-curricular engagement outside of the classroom. Areas of engagement include:
- Orientation and the First Year Experience
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Leadership Experiences
- Intercultural Programming
- Campus Pride and Traditions
Student Employment helps students to find on- and off-campus jobs. In addition to earning a salary, students learn valuable skills such as time management and business communication.