Real Estate Development and Sustainable Capital Projects
The Office of Real Estate Development and Sustainable Capital Planning (REDSCAP), led by Vice President and Chief Architect Suzanne Musho, AIA, NCARB. REDSCAP oversees the following areas and responsibilities on all of New York Tech's campuses:
Design and Construction
- Architecture and history of our campuses
- Current and upcoming campus projects:
- Projects completed since 2020
Plans and Initiatives
- LEAD Plan: In 2020, the office spearheaded an aggressive plan in response to COVID-19 in support of all required health protocols in addressing access Layout requirements, Equipment adjustments, Academic considerations, and Disinfection strategies.
- Campus Sustainability Action Plan: unveiled in 2021, the plan focuses on strengthening the university's commitment to sustainability with opportunities for water management and reuse, energy efficiency and reduction of the use of fossil fuels, and exploration of alternative energies, like solar power.
- Earth Week: Guest lectures, a food fair, crafts, and more were part of an extended Earth Week celebration in 2022.
- Campus Experience Committee: comprising students, faculty, and staff, this group was formed in 2021 to discuss and plan for potential improvements to New York Tech's campuses.
- Festival of New York: in the summer of 2022, New York Tech will join 200 partners in this citywide celebration. We will participate via programming offered at our New York City campus and will provide students with opportunities to collaborate with other festival partners.