New York Tech Online Help
Canvas Quick Help
For helpful resources, information on 24/7 support, and frequently asked questions, visit nyit.edu/ats.
Support for Faculty
Academic Technology Services is available to assist you with basic Canvas functions such as:
- logging in
- uploading documents
- enabling student tracking
- copying course content from a previous semester
- navigating within the course shell
- building course content
- using specific tools such as the Grade Center, journals, blogs, and discussion boards
- generating reports of student activity
- creating tests and quizzes
- creating assignments—with or without automatic plagiarism checks
- development of rich media
- keeping your course running in the event of an emergency closing
Please call 516.686.1400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
The Center for Teaching and Learning is available to assist you in designing or redesigning your courses to:
- include more interaction and active learning
- increase student engagement with the content
- increase the time students spend 'on task'
- rethink the ways in which you assess student learning
You can schedule a consultation at your convenience by sending an email to email@example.com.