Campus Updates (Summer 2021)
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, New York Tech is developing an adaptable, responsive, and comprehensive campus re-engagement plan that follows all requisite national, state, and local guidelines while supporting a best-in-class student experience.
Long Island Reopening
New York City Reopening
- Anyone requiring campus access must complete an online COVID-19 Health Screen before arrival. Students must log in to access the Student Health Screen. All others should complete the standard Health Screen.
- Security will check the Health Screen and take temperatures before allowing anyone access to campus.
- Facial coverings must be worn and physical distancing must be maintained on campus.
- See updated New York City and Long Island campus maps.
- Equipment adjustments allow hands-free operations of entries/facilities and support healthy air quality. Disinfection is conducted frequently via multiple methodologies.
- Summer sessions will be held May 26 - August 31
- Summer courses will be taught in a variety of modalities:
- In-person classes will meet in person on campus and via videoconferencing (e.g., Zooom).
- Online classes will meet online via Blackboard or Canvas.
- Blended classes will have part of the class meet in person on campus and the other online.
- Hybrid-remote classes will meet via videoconferencing, with possible in person experience/online activity at the professor’s discretion.
- Students who are ill and/or experiencing personal challenges that prevent them from attending class should immediately contact the Office of the Dean of Students, which can provide options including withdrawal for health reasons.
- Orientation for new students will be held virtually this summer.
- See remote hours of operations for our New York City and Long Island academic and administrative offices.
- Students should review the Student Handbook, and familiarize themselves with university policies, including: