Center of Excellence in Data Visualization, Entertainment, and Education Engineering
The Center of Excellence in Data Visualization, Entertainment, and Education Engineering is a crucible and research hub for all departments and disciplines within NYIT’s global sphere, where industry, government agencies —in collaboration with faculty and students—explore and research relevant technologically rich content as well as examine the role of intellectual property, its development and product creation within the overarching field of digital visualization.
Not Science Fiction: Discover what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur.
The Center focuses on collaborative cross-disciplinary efforts to foster tangible product outcomes and strong industry initiatives via:
- The integration of hardware and software aspects of geo-spatial information.
- Virtual reality and interactive applications.
- Motion capture.
- Laser scanning.
- 3-D printing.
- Big Data analytics.
- Statistical visualization.
- Visual software platform interoperability.
The Center’s ongoing activities include:
- Generating, hosting and developing research projects.
- Integration of Globally sourced multi-disciplinary projects.
- Coalescing private and public funding.
- Acquiring industry and governmental partnerships.
- Developing short— and long-term research lines.
- Creating coursework degree and non-degree programs.
- Hosting conferences and workshops.
- Shaping policy and industry standards.
- Scholarly publication.