Michael E. Nelson, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Science and Allied Health
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
La Crosse, WI 54601
Past President, Council on Undergraduate Research
BOG (Treasurer), National Conferences on Undergraduate Research
Paradise Found: Tales from the Field
An active Undergraduate Research Program can serve as a model for:
- Enhancement of student learning
- Enhancement of a campus research culture
- Enhancement of interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- Recruitment of quality students to the institution and the programs
- Personal development of both students and faculty
An undergraduate research project, completed in 1965, helped shape Dr. Nelson's career and life.