Minimal eligibility requirements for acceptance into the program include:
- Graduate degree from the NYIT Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program.
- Completion of at least four (4) months of clinical experience in physical therapy providing direct patient care with accompanying letter of reference from a clinical instructor or physical therapist.
- Eligible for and obtain license as a physical therapist in the State of New York prior to initiating the clinical hours the first week of July.
The application deadline is March 31 of each year. Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae, along with three letters of references to the Residency Director at NYIT.
The application process is as follows:
- A selection committee consisting of the Administrators and Clinical Faculty review the required application documents.
- Eligible candidates are scheduled for an interview with the Residency Director.
- Candidates are required to perform a mock evaluation. Performance of skills is not measured. The mock examination is included in order to evaluate the candidate's communication skills.