Veronica Southard, PT, DHSc, G.C.S.
- B.S. in Physical Therapy, Hunter College
- Advanced M.S. Physical Therapy, Long Island University
- DHSc University St. Augustine
- Board certified specialist in Geriatrics
- 1999-2005: Assistant Professor, NYIT
- 2005-Present: Associate Professor, NYIT
- Clinical experience in rehabilitation, geriatrics, acute care, orthopedics, home health, pediatrics, and high risk medical management.
- 1990-Present: Physical Therapist VNA of LI
- Southard V, De Francisco-Donoghue J. The 6MWT: Validity of a pedometer and instruction on 15m and 30m courses in adults with Parkinson’s disease. J Geriatrics and Palliative Care. 2014; 2(2):4
- Gallagher R, Stith N, Southard V. Evaluation of the Home Care Fall Reduction Initiative Risk Assessment Screening Tool Generated Interdisciplinary Balance Program. J Home Health Care Management & Practice. 2013;(5): 224 - 228.
- Southard V, Gallagher R. The 6MWT: Will different methods of instruction and measurement affect performance of healthy older adults? Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy 2013;(2):68-73.
- Douris P, Handrakis J, Gendy J, Salama M, Kwon D, Brooks R, Salama V, Southard V. The effects of fatiguing upper and Lower Body Aerobic and Anaerobic musculature on balance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2011; 25;(12): 3299-3305
- Southard V., Dave A., Douris P., Exploring the Role of Body Mass Index on Balance Reactions and Gait in Overweight Sedentary Middle-aged Adults: A Pilot Study. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health; 2010; 1(3):178-183.
© 2015 New York Institute of Technology