Clinical Assistant Professor
• 2012-Present: Instructor, Department of Nursing, New York Institute of Technology, School of Health Professions, Old Westbury, NY
• 2010-2012: Adjunct Professor, Department of Nursing, New York Institute of Technology, School of Health Professions, Old Westbury, NY
• 2003-Continuing: School Nurse (Per Diem Substitute Nurse), Herricks Union Free School District, New Hyde Park, NY
• 1994-1996: Adjunct Clinical Professor, Hunter College/Bellevue School of Nursing, New York, NY
• 1989-1993: CNS - Staff Development and Nursing Education, Cabrini Medical Center, New York, NY
• 1989-1993: Undergraduate Adjunct Professor/Clinical Laboratory, Adjunct Professor/RN Pathway Program, Physical Assessment Lecture and Laboratory, Hunter College/Bellevue School of Nursing, New York, NY
• Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
• National League for Nursing member
• American Medical Surgical Nursing Member
• Transcultural Nursing Association member
• Professional Nurse Educator's Group
• International Organization Academy of Medical Surgical Registered Nurses member
Selected Recent Publications and Presentations
• Treister, P. Podium Speaker (2015). “The Changing Face of Drug Addiction”. 10th Annual Spring Nursing Colloquium: Preventing Risky Behaviors in Young Adults The Health care Provider’s Role Using Best Practices, Old Westbury, New York, March 12, 2015
• Sussman,S & Treister, P. Podium and Paper (2014) . “The Use of Alternative Paradigms in Nursing Academia: Nursing Students Perceptions of the Use of Webinars” E-Learn 2014 World Conference on E-Learning, November 2014, New Orleans, La
• Treister, P. The “Strongest Link” – Using Game-Play as an Active Learning Pedagogy to Promote Critical Thinking and Teamwork. [Abstract and Poster.] Nurse Educators Leading the Way, 2014 NSLIJ 7th Annual Nursing Education Conference, Manhasset, New York, September 9, 2014
• Treister P. [Interview and Quote.] Farmer R. How to overcome shyness during a panel interview. Health Callings (published online May 30, 2013); http://career- news.healthcallings.com/2013/05/30/how-to-overcome-shyness-during-a-panel-interview.
• Treister P. Teaching, learning, and technology: use of game-play as an active learning pedagogy to critical thinking. [Abstract and Poster.] 40th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development, Kansas City, M.O., Oct. 18, 2013.
• Treister P. and Sparacino, L. From 911 to 411: putting forth crucial information in a time of crisis. [Speaker.] Interdisciplinary Conference, New York Institute of Technology, Auditorium on Broadway, Dec. 6, 2013.
• Treister P. The use of game-play as an active learning pedagogy to promote critical thinking and teamwork among junior year baccalaureate nursing students. [Poster.] Seventh Annual Research Conference: Translating Evidence from Bench to Bedside, Good Samaritan Hospital, Melville, N.Y., Oct. 25, 2012