How to apply for financial aid at NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
    You must complete the FAFSA at to qualify for any loans, grants or Federal Work-Study. It is very important you choose NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine (code E00546) during the application process. Without the correct school code we will not receive your results and will be unable to process any grants or loans.
  2. Complete the following:
    In addition to the FAFSA all students must submit the following if required:

    • Title VII Supplemental Data Request form – online at
    • Student Loan Entrance Interview – online at Our school is listed as “NY Coll of Osteo Med @ NYIT”.
    • If applying for a grant, you must submit documentation of your parents’ 2012, 2013, and 2014 income and your 2014 income.
    • Additional information at the request of the financial aid office
  3.  Apply for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans
    All new students requesting to borrow a federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan to help finance their education MUST complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at
    Failure to complete a new MPN will result in a delay of your credit balance. The school will not issue any emergency funds.

    If you have any questions regarding the loan process, please e-mail
  4. Apply for Federal Work-Study (if interested)
    If you interested in the Federal Work-Study program, please speak with someone in the Office of Financial Aid.
  5. Receive your award letter
    After receipt of the FAFSA results and other required forms and documentation, the Office of Financial Aid will process your financial aid and send an award letter with your Direct Unsubsidized Loan only. At that point, you’ll be given instructions on how to apply for a Grad PLUS Loan if you wish to borrow one.
  6. New Students - Shortly before classes begin, you will receive a bright green envelope from Higher One. You must go to their website with the card in hand to set up your preference for receiving your credit balance (the surplus of financial aid and loans after your tuition charges have been paid).

    Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for additional information at 516-686-7960 or