The NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine Student Doctor of the Year recipient for 2013 is Syed Gillani, OMS-III.
Student Physician Gillani has consistently proven himself to be an accomplished member of the community and an exceptional student leader. We are honored to have Student Physician Gillani represent the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine this year, wish him the best of luck as a contender for the national honor.
Twelve students were nominated and five of these students applied for the 2013 SDOY distinction. All of the applicants are outstanding individuals- we can be proud of what these students have accomplished both at the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine and in the greater community. We must commend these students for their hard work and achievements in addition to their commitment to our institution and the osteopathic profession.
Thank you to the SDOY committee for their diligence throughout the entire selection process:
• Barbara Ross-Lee, DO (NYIT Vice President for Health Sciences and Medical Affairs, Acting Dean NYCOM)
• Jack Conrad, PhD (Department of Anatomy)
• Karen Shelfin, DO (Department of Family Medicine)
• Sriniketh Sundar, OMS-IV (Class of 2013 President)
• Christina Trotta, OMS-III (Class of 2014 President)
• Aileen Hilario, OMS-II (SGA Treasurer)
• Jeff Jett, OMS-II (Class of 2015 President)
• Sarah Van Dine , OMS-II (NYCOM Student Representative)