New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of NYIT (NYCOM) is proud to announce its new Master of Science in Medical / Health Care Simulation.
The first such graduate program in the United States, this 44-credit degree program prepares students for careers in the growing field of human patient simulation. Patient simulation educators use standardized patients, mannequin-based simulations, and computer-based simulations to teach and assess professional skills at medical and nursing schools, hospitals, and medical licensing boards. Human simulations are also used in law schools and graduate schools of professional psychology.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to educate, develop, and manage patient simulation and patient safety programs, present at professional conferences, and participate in innovative educational research. Highlights include:
• online courses using the latest educational technology
• hands-on workshops to prepare students to work with standardized patients and mannequin-based simulators
• faculty advisors who are national experts in the human patient simulation field
In this program, you will learn:
• simulation curriculum planning
• adult learning theories and practices
• standardized patient and mannequin-based simulation strategies
• about how to conduct and collaborate in patient simulation educational research
• how to develop clinical education programs utilizing state-of-the-art simulations
• how to educate faculty to utilize patient simulations
• leadership and simulation center business planning
• simulation center staff and program management.
All applicants must have the technical ability and hardware (including a computer with high-speed internet connection, video camera, and microphone) to participate in online learning modules. Such abilities and hardware requirements will be assessed as part of the application process.
For information about this program, contact:
Anthony Errichetti, Ph.D.
Chief of Virtual Medicine/Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
Director, Institute for Clinical Competence
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of New York Institute of Technology
Complete the NYIT on-line application: http://apply.nyit.edu/apply/secure/adm_personalize.asp
NYCOM alumni are invited to apply to the program free of charge by visiting nyit.edu/medmasters and using fee waiver code MHSFA12.