Study Abroad Program in Costa Rica
HOSP 305 – Sustainable Tourism in Costa Rica
3 Credits, No Prerequisites
Open to all NYIT Students
January 10 - 18, 2015
Costa Rica is recognized as a world leader in Sustainable Tourism. It has the highest percentage of land designated as national parks in the world. The Board of Tourism has its own eco-tourism system.
- Seminars from existing 5-Leaf rated leading hotel - managed by world famous Cayuga Sustainable Lodging. Learn how they have achieved Costa Rica's top Certification Awards for Eco-Tourism
- Work with another local hotel to help them become certified in sustainable tourism
- Meetings with the Local Chamber of Commerce to learn sustainable tourist activities and practices
- Visit a national park, horseback ride on the beach, visit a wildlife preserve, zip line over the rain forest, kayak up river, or to an island
- Enjoy villa accommodations for 8 nights with private Costa Rican chef, private pool, WIFI and much more
- Trip includes airfare, local transfers, villa accommodations, several breakfasts, 4 villa dinners, gala local cuisine dinner and reception at restaurant, several tours, and local seminars, local transfers, and van transportation with driver
For more details, attend the info Session during Free Hour at 12:35 p.m. on Thursday Sept. 25th, 2014 at DL1 in Old Westbury and 701 in Manhattan.
- $1200 (non-refundable) Deposit due by October 15, 2014
- $1295 Balance due by December 1, 2014
- Only $2495 per person program fee plus tuition
Contact Professor Alan Fairbairn ASAP for interview at email@example.com or 516-527-7727.
- Valid passport (Copy due with deposit) (and or visa as may be required for foreign students)
- Personal interview with Professor Alan Fairbairn
- Spending money for some meals and personal activities and course registration for three credit course offered during intersession