BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
STUDY ABROAD IN STIRLING, SCOTLAND
On the Summer in Scotland program, you will enroll in CISabroad’s summer program at the University of Stirling. As a CISabroad student, you’ll spend a four to eight weeks at one of the most highly ranked universities in Scotland. Each course in Scotland has built in excursions, so you’ll not only have great academics, but fun excursions throughout Scotland.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlights of this program include:
• Quaint, historic city – You’ll feel like a character in a historical novel as you stroll the narrow, cobblestoned streets of Stirling.
• World-class university – You will reap the benefits of top-notch career academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling.
• Fun class offerings with experiential components – Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies, all focused on learning about Scotland through readings and related field trips.
• History all around you – Catch a reenactment of a historic battle or take a tour of the medieval downtown to learn more about Stirling’s key role in the Scots’ fight for self-determination.
• A castle on campus, seriously – The University of Stirling is located on an 18th-century estate with a central lake and a castle. You certainly can’t find that in the States!
• Travel opportunities throughout the region – With cheap airfare and train routes galore, you can travel in Scotland, throughout the UK, and to various cities, beaches, and mountains in Europe on the weekend when you spend your summer abroad in Scotland.
• The opportunity to study AND intern- If you choose the eight week program your final four weeks can be spent interning for University of Stirling credit.
Summer in Scotland is housed at the University of Stirling. Its location on the outskirts of Stirling and its history provide some clue as to what makes it different from other British universities. The modern campus, often described as one of the most beautiful in Europe, was built on the 360-acre estate of 18th century Airthrey Castle. It is surrounded by the Ochil Hills and at its center is a large man-made loch as well as the original castle. There is a wide variety of courses to choose from at the University of Stirling. With academics at the forefront of their focus, the university strives to offer something for every student, making this a great location to further your studies during a summer abroad. There are also many social activities, campus clubs, and sports teams to get involved in during your time in Stirling. You will meet people from all over the world who share similar interests, further enhancing your Scottish experience! Founded in 1967, the University is one of Scotland’s more modern universities, and this is apparent when you see the fantastic facilities and grounds. More than 11,000 students from 80 different countries call the University home, meaning you will have no problem meeting new friends from all over the world. The University boasts the latest technologies on an innovation campus, focusing on quality teaching in an outstanding academic environment. They are renowned for their work in research over the years, and they aspire to remain one of the top Universities in the United Kingdom.
Program Price and Dates
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival Session 1||14-Jun|
|Arrival Session 2||12-Jul|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $5,390-9,490|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou
Executive Associate Dean & Director of Experiential Eduation
212-261-1602 / 516-686-3937