NYIT Gardeners Enjoy First Harvest
NYIT Gardeners Enjoy First Harvest
NYIT’s Caccavale, DiDonna Named Capital One Academic All-America
NYIT Researchers: Positive Connection Between Cardiac Health and Thyroid Hormones
Multi-Campus Undergraduate Energy Minor to Enhance STEM Learning
NYIT Expert: Physician Shortage Threatens Healthcare
From Working the Room to Shaping Your Career: Network Your Way to Professional Success
Red Ribbon Campaign to Pledge for a Safe Holiday
Green Careers Information Session
Internship Certificate Program - Orientation II
Volleyball vs. Dowling at NCAA DII East Regional
STUDY ABROAD IN STIRLING, SCOTLAND
On the Summer in Scotland program, you will enroll in CISabroad’s summer program at the University of Stirling. As a CISabroad student, you’ll spend a four to eight weeks at one of the most highly ranked universities in Scotland. Each course in Scotland has built in excursions, so you’ll not only have great academics, but fun excursions throughout Scotland.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A few highlights of this program include:
• Quaint, historic city – You’ll feel like a character in a historical novel as you stroll the narrow, cobblestoned streets of Stirling.
• World-class university – You will reap the benefits of top-notch career academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling.
• Fun class offerings with experiential components – Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies, all focused on learning about Scotland through readings and related field trips.
• History all around you – Catch a reenactment of a historic battle or take a tour of the medieval downtown to learn more about Stirling’s key role in the Scots’ fight for self-determination.
• A castle on campus, seriously – The University of Stirling is located on an 18th-century estate with a central lake and a castle. You certainly can’t find that in the States!
• Travel opportunities throughout the region – With cheap airfare and train routes galore, you can travel in Scotland, throughout the UK, and to various cities, beaches, and mountains in Europe on the weekend when you spend your summer abroad in Scotland.
• The opportunity to study AND intern- If you choose the eight week program your final four weeks can be spent interning for University of Stirling credit.
Summer in Scotland is housed at the University of Stirling. Its location on the outskirts of Stirling and its history provide some clue as to what makes it different from other British universities. The modern campus, often described as one of the most beautiful in Europe, was built on the 360-acre estate of 18th century Airthrey Castle. It is surrounded by the Ochil Hills and at its center is a large man-made loch as well as the original castle. There is a wide variety of courses to choose from at the University of Stirling. With academics at the forefront of their focus, the university strives to offer something for every student, making this a great location to further your studies during a summer abroad. There are also many social activities, campus clubs, and sports teams to get involved in during your time in Stirling. You will meet people from all over the world who share similar interests, further enhancing your Scottish experience! Founded in 1967, the University is one of Scotland’s more modern universities, and this is apparent when you see the fantastic facilities and grounds. More than 11,000 students from 80 different countries call the University home, meaning you will have no problem meeting new friends from all over the world. The University boasts the latest technologies on an innovation campus, focusing on quality teaching in an outstanding academic environment. They are renowned for their work in research over the years, and they aspire to remain one of the top Universities in the United Kingdom.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education