NYIT Celebrates International Education Week
NYIT Celebrates International Education Week
Men’s Soccer Wins ECC Championship with 1-0 Victory over LIU Post
Dr. Jerry Balentine New Vice President for Medical Affairs and Global Health
NYIT Management Students Advance to Fed Challenge Semi-Finals
NYIT’s STEAM Career Fair Links Students to Employers
STUDY ABROAD IN LONDON, ENGLAND
On the Summer at the University of Westminster program, you will enroll in a summer session at the University of Westminster. As a CISabroad student, you’ll spend three or six weeks at one on the most recognized universities in London. With multiple campuses throughout London, you can truly experience all the city has to offer. Westminster has two summer sessions, which you can combine to earn eight US credits. A combination of London-centric and international business courses provide a nice selection to learn about the way companies in England conduct business.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A few highlights of this program include:
• Choose how long and how many credits – To really get to know London, stay for 6 weeks and earn 8 credits. But if you have a busy summer ahead, opt for just 3 weeks and earn 4 credits.
• Learn about international business where business gets done – Classes range from marketing to corporate social responsibility, so take advantage of the many choices available.
• Study the history and politics of London both in and out of the classroom – You can learn about the fascinating British culture through classes in historical and contemporary London culture, history, economics, literature, and politics, and then see all the sites you read about in your textbooks in person.
• Take advantage of a perfect location – Your classes will be in the center of London, so you can really experience this energetic city.
• Easy Access to mainland Europe- Cheap flights and trains provide easy access to the rest of the UK and Europe on the weekends for the; perfect summer abroad in London!
• No Friday Classes- Giving you plenty of afternoon and weekend time to explore London.
Situated in the center of London, the University of Westminster enjoys an illustrious history going back over 165 years. It has one of the largest and longest-running US study abroad programs, and therefore a wealth of experience teaching and supporting US students. In fact, the University recently received the Times Higher Education Award for "Outstanding Support for International Students." The University hosts students from over 150 countries worldwide, and offers a wide variety of courses to fit your academic needs. The University has 4 campuses, 3 of which are superbly located in the center of London near the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the BBC, the British Museum, and the British Library. The fourth enjoys a quieter, scenic location just 20 minutes by tube from central London. The city's transport network provides easy access to the whole University from all parts of the city, and if you want to travel farther afield, international rail and air links make European excursions both easy and affordable! During the summer program at Westminster, you can take part in the exciting social program offered at the University. This is the perfect way for you to experience the city while meeting friends from all over the world! These range from activities in the city to day tours and weekend trips arranged to enhance you study abroad experience. You will experience high quality education with notable faculty, diverse courses, an international student body, and exciting urban campuses. As a CIS study abroad student, you’ll get outstanding support, from academic advising to personal and cultural counseling. At the same time, you’ll have all the freedom you need to explore one of the best cities in the world and make it your summer home.
Program Price and Dates
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival Session 1: 3 Week Program||14-Jun|
|Arrival Session 2: 3 Week Program||5-Jul|
|Arrival 6 Week Program||14-Jun|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price $5,090-8,690|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicant to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1:
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education