NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
NYIT Signs Agreement with Wardell International
STUDY ABROAD IN PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
On the Summer Business and Economics in Prague program, you will enroll in CISabroad’s summer session at Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze. As a CISabroad student, you’ll spend four weeks at one of the most distinguished universities in the Czech Republic. All classes are taught in English at this AACSB accredited university through the Central European Studies Program designed for international students. You’ll have the opportunity to live with and take classes with students from not just Prague, but all over the world!
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlights of this program include:
• A compelling European capital – Prague has always been a major tourist destination, and it’s no wonder. The city boasts thrilling history, magnificent architecture, a thriving nightlife, and a dynamic arts scene.
• Academically-focused summer program – Earn up to nine credits in just four weeks!
• Vibrant campus life – The International Student Office plans all kinds of activities that get you truly involved on campus and in your new city. Activities include a language exchange, parties, domestic and international trips, and sports.
• Czech Buddy System- Connect with a local student before you even arrive in Prague!
• A beautiful, historic city made for exploring – Anyone who has spent time in Prague knows that you really get to know it by walking, taking the well-connected public transportation, and exploring the nooks and crannies.
• Easy access to the rest of Europe- Prague’s central location means you can catch a train or budget flight to any corner of Europe for the weekend!
• Live off campus with other international students – No worries about being in an “America bubble” here! Shared apartments with other international student provide the opportunity to meet students from across the world
Summer in Business and Economics, Prague is housed at the University of Economics, Prague (Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze), the Czech Republic’s leading university in the field of management and economics. The University is home to 19,000 students and comprises 6 faculties, 5 of which are housed in Prague: the Faculty of Finance and Accounting, the Faculty of International Relations, the Faculty of Business Administration, the Faculty of Statistics and Informatics, and the Faculty of Economics and Public Administration. The University is located in the center of Prague, within a couple minute walk from historical monuments, medieval churches and other sites soaked with history. There are many on-campus facilities, including 2 restaurants, a coffee lounge, and 2 school cafeterias. There is wireless Internet accessible for everyone with a laptop. Many computer labs are also available and one of them is dedicated solely to international and exchange students. You will have many opportunities to meet international students, both from the many U.S. exchange Universities, as well as from around the world. Summer in Business and Economics, Prague focuses on Central and East European economies, societies, and cultures. Courses are taught completely in English. You’ll review the past and explore the present and future of the developing economies, societies, politics, and languages of Central and East European countries. You will also have the opportunity to take some Czech language courses in order to help you immerse into the wonderful culture of Prague!
Program Price and Dates
|Program Price and Dates|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $3,990|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicant to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1:
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education