BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
INTERN ABROAD IN BARCELONA, SPAIN
On the Intern in Barcelona program, you will receive hands on support from our team in Barcelona, language courses, the option to live in a shared apartment or homestay, cultural excursions throughout the region, and diverse array of placement opportunities.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlights of this program include:
• Pristine white-sand beaches – Barcelona’s beaches and boardwalks are a main attraction. The city enjoys a Mediterranean climate whose mild winters and hot summers make a visit to the beach perfect any time of the year.
• Live and work in Barcelona: life in the cultural capital of the Mediterranean – Barcelona is home to more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other city in Europe. Imagine the architectural and cultural splendor of a city with 2,000 years of history!
• A custom internship – We understand that you want to get the most out of your internship. We take into account your career aspirations, interests, and skills. Magazines, travel agencies, and finance institutions await you!
• Choose your own style of accommodation – Intern in Barcelona offers different housing options. You can live with a Spanish family or share an apartment with other international students.
• The city of Barcelona – The café culture, boutiques, tapas restaurants, and world- famous nightlife are enough to keep you busy for a summer.
• A vibrant social life – Depending on the program dates you choose, you may get to participate in a weekend trip in Spain. Possible trips include the beautiful Costa Brava, the magical Granada, or majestic Madrid.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume. The following are fields in which previous interns have been placed:
• Event Management
• Government and Politics
• Graphic Design
• Health and Fitness
• Human Resources
• Information Technology
• International Business
• International Relations
• Music Industry
• Performing Arts
• Public Relations
• Teaching English
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: After you meet with your academic advisor, gain approval and discuss the prospect of completing an internship abroad, complete the CISabroad Online Internship Application to begin the application process.
Step 2: Pay the $200 application deposit and have a pre-acceptance interview with a member of our staff. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied towards the total program fee.
Step 3: Applicants submit the following documents to CISabroad to complete their Intern Abroad Application Checklist. Please not that CISabroad need a COMPLETE application 90 days prior to the start month of your program in order to accept a student:
Step 4: Complete a Skype or phone interview so our overseas based placed team can learn more about the applicant's skills, interests, and ideal internship to determine which placement may be the best match.
Step 5: After all of the materials have been received at CISabroad, applicants then wait for an acceptance decision! Once accepted, students wil be sent an online pre-departure orientation with more information about the program and the placement process.
Step 6: Submit the $500 intership deposit within 2 weeks of interview with placement team. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied toward your total program fee. The matching process will then begin and you may be contacted for a phone or Skype interview with possible supervisors in the host country.
Step 7: As the internship departure date approaches, you will receive an internship placement confirmation packet with placement details to sign and return to the US-based CISabroad Australia program coordinator.
Step 8: Depart and the internship begins. You will be greeted at the airport by a local staff member and begin their adventure!
Program Prices and Date:
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival Session 1||7-May|
|Departure||3-Jun (4 Weeks); 17-Jun (6 Weeks); 8-Jul (9 Weeks); 29-Jul (12 Weeks)|
|Arrival Session 2||21-May|
|Departure||1-Jul (6 Weeks); 22-Jul (9 Weeks)|
|Arrival Session 3||4-Jun|
|Departure||1-Jul (4 Weeks)|
|Arrival Session 4||18-Jun|
|Departure||29-Jul (6 Weeks)|
|Arrival Session 5||2-Jul|
|Departure||29-Jul (4 Weeks)|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $5,290-7,990|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education