BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
INTERN ABROAD IN NEW ZEALAND
On the Intern in New Zealand program, you can intern from four to twelve weeks in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. As an Intern in New Zealand participant, you’ll have a flexible start date, comprehensive on-site orientation and support, ample opportunities to integrate into the Kiwi culture, and a diverse array of internship placement opportunities.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlights of this program include:
• Living in one of the world’s adventure capitals – Adventure and adrenaline-pumping sports were practically invented in New Zealand. You can bungee jump with the world’s original bungee company, tandem skydive over the ocean, or learn to surf, ski, or whitewater kayak.
• The most spectacular, diverse landscape on the planet – A 3-hour drive will take you to pristine beaches or deciduous rain forests or mountain glaciers—just choose a direction! There’s a reason why New Zealand’s landscapes are featured in movies such as Lord of the Rings.
• A custom internship in New Zealand – We know you’re not traveling all the way to New Zealand to pour coffee and sharpen pencils. So don’t worry. Our internships are customized, meaning we take into account your career aspirations, hobbies, interests, and skills.
• Sports – New Zealanders (aka Kiwis), eat, sleep, and breathe sports. Rugby and soccer are national pastimes, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and play. But if team sports aren’t your cup of tea, there are countless options for hiking, biking, and climbing in stunning terrain.
• Getting more for your money – Everyone is getting more bang for their buck in New Zealand. Right now, it is one of the most budget-friendly places in the world to live.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume. The following are fields in which previous interns have been placed:
• Animal Conservation
• Environmental Conservation
• Environmental Education
• Event Planning
• Fair Trade
• Graphic Design
• Media (newspaper, radio)
• Outdoor Events
• Social Welfare
• Visual Arts
*Other fields may be available. If you don’t see what you want above, please contact us to see what we can do for you!
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: After you meet with your academic advisor, gain approval and discuss the prospect of completing an internship abroad, complete the CISabroad Online Internship Application to begin the application process.
Step 2: Pay the $200 application deposit and have a pre-acceptance interview with a member of our staff. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied towards the total program fee.
Step 3: Applicants submit the following documents to CISabroad to complete their Intern Abroad Application Checklist. Please not that CISabroad need a COMPLETE application 90 days prior to the start month of your program in order to accept a student:
Step 4: Complete a Skype or phone interview so our overseas based placed team can learn more about the applicant's skills, interests, and ideal internship to determine which placement may be the best match.
Step 5: After all of the materials have been received at CISabroad, applicants then wait for an acceptance decision! Once accepted, students wil be sent an online pre-departure orientation with more information about the program and the placement process.
Step 6: Submit the $500 intership deposit within 2 weeks of interview with placement team. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied toward your total program fee. The matching process will then begin and you may be contacted for a phone or Skype interview with possible supervisors in the host country.
Step 7: As the internship departure date approaches, you will receive an internship placement confirmation packet with placement details to sign and return to the US-based CISabroad Australia program coordinator.
Step 8: Depart and the internship begins. You will be greeted at the airport by a local staff member and begin their adventure!
Program Prices and Dates:
|4 Weeks Apartment||Price: $4,590|
|6 Weeks Apartment||Price: $5,390|
|8 Weeks Apartment||Price: $6,190|
|12 Weeks Apartment||Price: $6,890|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education