NYIT Gardeners Enjoy First Harvest
NYIT Gardeners Enjoy First Harvest
NYIT’s Caccavale, DiDonna Named Capital One Academic All-America
NYIT Researchers: Positive Connection Between Cardiac Health and Thyroid Hormones
Multi-Campus Undergraduate Energy Minor to Enhance STEM Learning
NYIT Expert: Physician Shortage Threatens Healthcare
INTERN ABROAD IN LONDON, ENGLAND
On the Intern in London program, students participate in an eight week program. To abide UK internship regulations, students intern for twenty hours a week and take part in a course that provides lectures, seminars, and excursions for the other twenty hours per week.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A few highlights of this program include:
• Hands-on, custom internship in London – With a vast range of fields to choose from, you’ll find the perfect internship for your skills and interests and get the skills you need to enter the global marketplace.
• Incredible location – There are few better places to intern abroad than sophisticated London. Learn how Brits do business by working alongside your new English colleagues.
• On-site support – Helpful, knowledgeable staff are there when you need them—for airport pickup, orientation, group field trips, and more. But you’ll have all the freedom you need to enjoy your internship and explore your new home.
• Fun excursions – Cultural excursions and field trips include visits to parks, theaters, and museums. Whether with the group or independently, get off the beaten track and see the real British culture in London!
• Professional development – You’ll benefit from seminars covering topics such as interpersonal skills, work habits, time management, and more.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume. There are over 100 placements in various fields, including but not limited to the following:
• Finance (banks and brokerage firms)
• International business
• Management consulting
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: Complete the CISabroad Internship Application. This includes the following:
Academic Reference Form
CIS Internship Information Form
Cover Letter for placement
$200 application deposit
Step 2: After all of your materials have been received at CISabroad, wait for your acceptance decision!
Step 3: Once you’ve been accepted, we’ll conduct a Skype or phone interview to aid our placement team when we begin the placement process. We want to know more about your skills, your interests, and what type of internship you are looking for. This will give us a chance to talk through the placement process in more detail, and answer any questions you may have.
Step 4: $500 Internship Placement Deposit
Step 5: As your internship departure date approaches you will receive a Program Handbook and Pre-Departure Guide to help you know what to expect and how to prepare for your time abroad.
Step 6: Off you go and the fun begins!
Once you’re in-country: We’ll meet you at the airport and give you an on-site orientation. Your site director and internship coordinator will check in with you throughout the internship program, and make sure you’re doing okay. Finally, you’ll receive a written evaluation after your return home.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education