BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
INTERN ABROAD IN LONDON, ENGLAND
On the Intern in London program, students participate in an eight week program. To abide UK internship regulations, students intern for twenty hours a week and take part in a course that provides lectures, seminars, and excursions for the other twenty hours per week.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlights of this program include:
• Hands-on, custom internship in London – With a vast range of fields to choose from, you’ll find the perfect internship for your skills and interests and get the skills you need to enter the global marketplace.
• Incredible location – There are few better places to intern abroad than sophisticated London. Learn how Brits do business by working alongside your new English colleagues.
• On-site support – Helpful, knowledgeable staff are there when you need them—for airport pickup, orientation, group field trips, and more. But you’ll have all the freedom you need to enjoy your internship and explore your new home.
• Fun excursions – Cultural excursions and field trips include visits to parks, theaters, and museums. Whether with the group or independently, get off the beaten track and see the real British culture in London!
• Professional development – You’ll benefit from seminars covering topics such as interpersonal skills, work habits, time management, and more.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume. There are over 100 placements in various fields, including but not limited to the following:
• Finance (banks and brokerage firms)
• International business
• Management consulting
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: After you meet with your academic advisor, gain approval and discuss the prospect of completing an internship abroad, complete the CISabroad Online Internship Application to begin the application process.
Step 2: Pay the $200 application deposit and have a pre-acceptance interview with a member of our staff. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied towards the total program fee.
Step 3: Applicants submit the following documents to CISabroad to complete their Intern Abroad Application Checklist. Please not that CISabroad need a COMPLETE application 90 days prior to the start month of your program in order to accept a student:
Step 4: Complete a Skype or phone interview so our overseas based placed team can learn more about the applicant's skills, interests, and ideal internship to determine which placement may be the best match.
Step 5: After all of the materials have been received at CISabroad, applicants then wait for an acceptance decision! Once accepted, students wil be sent an online pre-departure orientation with more information about the program and the placement process.
Step 6: Submit the $500 intership deposit within 2 weeks of interview with placement team. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied toward your total program fee. The matching process will then begin and you may be contacted for a phone or Skype interview with possible supervisors in the host country.
Step 7: As the internship departure date approaches, you will receive an internship placement confirmation packet with placement details to sign and return to the US-based CISabroad Australia program coordinator.
Step 8: Depart and the internship begins. You will be greeted at the airport by a local staff member and begin their adventure!
Program Prices and Dates:
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival 8 Week Internship||5-Jun|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $7,990|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education