TEDx Explores Harmonic Tectonics
TEDx Explores Harmonic Tectonics
NYIT Students Surpass the $1 Million Mark in Combined Earnings from Internships
TEDxNYIT: Creating Harmony in a World Experiencing Tectonic Shifts
Dynamic, Radical Solutions Needed: 2014 Cybersecurity Conference Highlights
NYIT Engineering Professor Wins NIH Grant for Robotics Research
“The Year of Turkey 2014” - The Heritage of Turkish Art: Exhibition
Relay for Life Interest Meeting
Jar of Life - Manage Your Time Wisely
Interdisciplinary Studies Career Panel
Prep session for upcoming Hackaton by Juniper Networks/Comcast SDN Software Workshop and Competition
INTERN ABROAD IN DUBLIN, IRELAND
On the Intern in Dublin program, you can intern for eight, ten, or twelve weeks. As an Intern in Dublin participant, you’ll the opportunity to work alongside Irish citizens, receive comprehensive on-site orientation and support, and choose from a diverse array internship placement opportunities.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT. If you have any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A few highlights of this program include:
• New multiculturalism in an up-and-coming city – Due to an economic boom in the past 2 decades and an influx of immigrants from around the world, Ireland has been transformed into a new, hip European hot spot. You’ll find delicious Lebanese cuisine, trendy film cafés, and colorful international parades alongside statues of Irish literary giants.
• A custom internship experience – We know you’re not traveling to Dublin to fetch biscuits and make photocopies. So don’t worry. Our internships are tailored to your career goals, interests, and skills.
• International interns and colleagues – You will get the chance to work with Dubliners as well as fellow interns from all over the world. What better way to gain a truly global perspective?
• Professional references for the future – You will network with your new Irish and international coworkers, and in the process, you’ll make close friends, boost your resume, and gain great references for future job prospects during your internship in Ireland.
• Travel opportunities throughout the region – With cheap airfare and train routes galore, you can travel in Ireland, to neighboring UK, and to various cities, beaches, and mountains in Europe on the weekend.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume. There are over 100 placements in various fields, including but not limited to the following:
• International business
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: After you meet with your academic advisor, gain approval and discuss the prospect of completing an internship abroad, complete the CISabroad Online Internship Application to begin the application process.
Step 2: Pay the $200 application deposit and have a pre-acceptance interview with a member of our staff. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied towards the total program fee.
Step 3: Applicants submit the following documents to CISabroad to complete their Intern Abroad Application Checklist. Please not that CISabroad need a COMPLETE application 90 days prior to the start month of your program in order to accept a student:
Step 4: Complete a Skype or phone interview so our overseas based placed team can learn more about the applicant's skills, interests, and ideal internship to determine which placement may be the best match.
Step 5: After all of the materials have been received at CISabroad, applicants then wait for an acceptance decision! Once accepted, students wil be sent an online pre-departure orientation with more information about the program and the placement process.
Step 6: Submit the $500 intership deposit within 2 weeks of interview with placement team. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied toward your total program fee. The matching process will then begin and you may be contacted for a phone or Skype interview with possible supervisors in the host country.
Step 7: As the internship departure date approaches, you will receive an internship placement confirmation packet with placement details to sign and return to the US-based CISabroad Australia program coordinator.
Step 8: Depart and the internship begins. You will be greeted at the airport by a local staff member and begin their adventure!
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival 8 week session||12-Jun|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $5,990|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education