BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
BBC to Feature Home2(O) Project in News Segment
NYIT Wins Grant to Develop STEM Programs
NYIT-Abu Dhabi M.S. Granted Local Accreditation
NYIT Study: Thyroid Hormones Reduce Animal Cardiac Arrhythmias
NYIT At White House Event to Announce Commitment to Expand College Access
INTERN ABROAD IN FLORENCE, ITALY
On the Intern in Florence program, you will take a three to six week intensive language class, with the additional option of private tutoring when you first arrive. After a few weeks of language courses, you will begin you internship, knowing your Italian language proficiency is up to par.
While CISabroad works closely with NYIT, you will need to apply and pay all program fees directly to CISabroad. While we can assist in the search for your ideal programs, it is important that you are aware of how the experience will fulfill credits back at NYIT.If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com
A few highlightsof this program include:
• A custom internship in Italy – We know you aren’t traveling to Italy to scoop gelato or service bicycles. Don’t worry. Our internships take into account your career goals, interests, and skills.
• All the flexibility you need – Perhaps you want to work in Florence for the full summer. Or maybe you are looking for a rewarding international experience over the summer. Either way, we can accommodate you! Our internships can be 6 weeks, a full summer, or anything in between.
• Pasta, pizza, and tiramisu, oh my! – Local, family-owned restaurants are found at every corner in Florence. Or shop in the large 2-story food market in the city center and make your own Italian creations at home.
• Italy and the rest of Europe in your backyard – By air or train, Florence is near hundreds of other Italian cities just waiting to be explored. Or, if you’re feeling extra adventurous, hop on a plane for a weekend in Spain!
• An art-lover’s paradise – View world-renowned masterpieces in museums such as the Uffizi Gallery, then purchase your own treasure from a local street artist.
Internships are customized based on your field of interest and resume.The following are fields in which previous interns have been placed:
• Culinary Arts
• Digital Imaging
• Event Management
• Film and Television
• Fine Arts
• Food Science
• Graphic Design
• Media Studies
• Restaurant Management
• Special Event Management
• Studio Art
• Visual Arts
• Wine Industry
Internship Placement Process
Step 1: After you meet with your academic advisor, gain approval and discuss the prospect of completing an internship abroad, complete the CISabroad Online Internship Application to begin the application process.
Step 2: Pay the $200 application deposit and have a pre-acceptance interview with a member of our staff. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied towards the total program fee.
Step 3: Applicants submit the following documents to CISabroad to complete their Intern Abroad Application Checklist. Please not that CISabroad need a COMPLETE application 90 days prior to the start month of your program in order to accept a student:
Step 4: Complete a Skype or phone interview so our overseas based placed team can learn more about the applicant's skills, interests, and ideal internship to determine which placement may be the best match.
Step 5: After all of the materials have been received at CISabroad, applicants then wait for an acceptance decision! Once accepted, students wil be sent an online pre-departure orientation with more information about the program and the placement process.
Step 6: Submit the $500 intership deposit within 2 weeks of interview with placement team. This is NOT an extra fee but a deposit applied toward your total program fee. The matching process will then begin and you may be contacted for a phone or Skype interview with possible supervisors in the host country.
Step 7: As the internship departure date approaches, you will receive an internship placement confirmation packet with placement details to sign and return to the US-based CISabroad Australia program coordinator.
Step 8: Depart and the internship begins. You will be greeted at the airport by a local staff member and begin their adventure!
|Term: Summer 2014|
|Arrival Summer 1||13-May|
|Departure||23-Jun: 6 Weeks Internship|
|Departure||14-Jul: 9 Week Internship|
|Departure||4-Aug: 12 Week Internship|
|Arrival Summer 2||3-Jun|
|Departure||14-Jun: 6 Weeks Internship|
|Departure||4-Aug: 9 Weeks Internship|
|Arrival Summer 3||24-June|
|CISabroad Orientation||25 Jun|
|Term: Summer 2014||Price: $4,290-8,690|
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
CISabroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
You may qualify for one of the following study abroad awards:
Be among the Early Bird applicants to any of our programs and get $100 off the cost of your program!
For all of the following scholarships, simply fill out the CIS scholarship application form by April 1
Please visit the CISabroad scholarship page for more details and the scholarship application.
For additional information please contact:
Mr. Tammen Nicholson:
Dr. Diamando Afxentiou:
Executive Associate Dean and Director of Experiential Education