Nov 05 2012
FEMA is available to help qualified individuals and families with financial or direct whose property has been damaged or destroyed as a result of a federally-declared disaster, and whose losses are not covered by insurance.
- Apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- Apply via a smartphone at m.fema.gov
- Apply by phone by Calling (800) 621-3362 or TTY at (800) 462-7585
Please have a pen and paper and the following information ready:
- Your Social Security number
- Current and pre-disaster address
- A telephone number where you can be contacted
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account) Lookup your bank routing number.
- A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster