Communications and Marketing
Located in Manhattan and reporting to the Art Director, the Department of Communications and Marketing seeks a Web Designer to help develop the school’s blossoming digital footprint and identity, working with print designers, web producers and content developers, writers, marketers, and videographers on the creation of the visual design for use in all digital media (including web, online ads, html emails, motion graphics and more). Candidate must have an excellent command of color, space, type and style and be willing to push the envelope as she/he maintains the integrity of NYIT’s brand. The Web Designer is marketing-savvy and can design to the exacting specifications for NYIT’s website and create compelling work that converts to easily produced web formats (HTML, HTML 5, and CSS) and other online platforms.
- Under the direction of the Art Director, plans, analyzes, creates, and/or maintains visual solutions to digital communications issues.
- Helps lead redesign of NYIT external and internal websites
- Works in close collaboration with web designers, web producers, and developers in online media.
- Develops the visual presence of large and small online entities, including but not limited to, full school websites, micro-sites, and landing pages in collaboration with web producers.
- Designs for other digital media, including HTML emails, motion graphics, and other platforms as needed.
- Identifies the needs of internal clients to develop corporate communication strategies in addition to creating designs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, communications, online media, or other related discipline and 3 years of experience in web design, and have a strong sense of typography and information design.
- Candidate must have superior knowledge of current web design trends and techniques. Specifically, must be motivated, inspired, detail oriented, and a strategic-thinker, who is in tune with social networking/web tools and capabilities, and aware of how these tools and technologies are used by selected targeted audiences.
- He/she must have a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions.
- Selected candidate must have attention to detail and creativity in problem-solving, ability to work in a team environment, have excellent communication skills, meet deadlines, and comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements.
- Candidate will be flexible to travel to the Old Westbury campus on occasion.
- Applicants must supply an online portfolio with cover letter and resume.
and reference RA #1328 on the subject line.
Email this position to a friend.