Web Content Developer
Communications and Marketing
The Communications and Marketing Office (C+M) of the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) is responsible for building the reputation, enhancing the brand, and promoting the academic and programmatic offerings of this global university. A major undertaking for the C+M office is the building and maintaining of a website that accurately reflects the school’s blossoming digital footprint. C+M is looking to add a web content developer to work with designers, writers, marketers, videographers, back end developers and more to create a more engaging and intuitive web presence. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who has the technical capabilities to build practical and inventive digital solutions not only for the public website, but for the university’s intranet, for digital signage around campus, and for online marketing needs. The position reports to the Web Producer.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Creates rich content for website, e-communications, and digital signage that tells the story of NYIT. Participates in creative brainstorming and concept development and provides insight based on technical specifications and best practices.
• Build out front end user interfaces using responsive design best practices, HTML, CSS, and various scripting languages with direction from the project lead and while following technical and design specifications.
• Build special and dynamic one-off online components and pages as marketing needs dictate.
• Work with internal constituents in developing areas of the website and trains content owners in our CMS for those areas.
• Create monthly metrics/traffic reports that improve the site’s quality and inform the efforts of major content owners.
• Refresh content and imagery for institutional sections of nyit.edu on a regular schedule.
• Prepare messages for digital campus signs deployed in New York City, Long Island, and Vancouver.
• Prepare images for online galleries and profiles.
• Stay abreast of changes in the technology industry to recommend and implement best practices for NYIT communications vehicles.
• Other duties as assigned.
. Please reference job code #1325 WCD in your subject line.
Email this position to a friend.