International Student Specialist for Student Affairs – Career Services
The International Student Specialist for Student Affairs- Career Services will be responsible for the development and coordination of student employment programs and services for all students, but with a specific focus on International Students. The International Student Specialist will support the Assistant Director of Student Employment with all Manhattan based student intake, planning, marketing, coordination and evaluation of all programs and services related to student employment. The International Student Specialist will also work closely with international students to match them with the most appropriate experiential education opportunities and to provide them global career advisement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide professional advisement to students including but not limited to resume reviews, interview preparation, industry research, and networking.
• Administer student employment programs for the Manhattan campus.
• Oversee and administer policies and procedures to assure prudent use of student employment and community services by international students.
• Develop, coordinate and promote on campus jobs specifically for International Students through the On Campus Job Lottery.
• Develop and publish a professional development guide for international students, including policies, procedures and international student employee/employer rights and responsibilities.
• Develop and promote pre-internship experiences for international students including on and off campus volunteer positions.
• Develop and manage web and print Career Services resources for international students.
• Administer all programs and administrative responsibilities associated with Student Employment, including record keeping, data management, monthly status reporting, policy development, program enhancement, student aid, FWS-CS placement/s and student employment databank development and management.
• Develop an International Student Advisory Board to meet annually with the intention of building and refining professional opportunities for international students in on and off campus roles.
• Develop sponsorship opportunities for international students through employer outreach. Host at least one International Student Job Fair annually in person or virtually. Ideally these recruiters would be willing to support H1B visas.
• Whenever possible, develop programs and services in partnership with our global campuses for NYIT students seeking to participate in our exchange programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please reference job code RA1497 ISS in your subject line.
Email this position to a friend.