ESL Adjunct Faculty - Vancouver Campus
Global Academic Programs
The NYIT Vancouver Campus seeks an Adjunct Faculty Member to join the English Language Institute that assists students in attaining a higher level of skill in speaking, listening, reading and writing the English language in order to achieve academic goals and fully matriculate into university-level academic programs. The program is committed to student success and seeks candidates with a strong pedagogical foundation in transitioning students to college-level and post-graduate programs.
The successful candidate will:
● Teach English as a Second Language at advanced levels to university students preparing to begin graduate degree programs at the Vancouver Campus of NYIT.
● Document student progress and complete program reports as part of British Columbia accreditation
● Embrace and engage in innovation in the classroom
● Engage in campus-wide efforts to improve student access, retention, and success
● Engage in curriculum and program development and assessment, incorporating current educational theories and research
● Design, instruct, assess assigned courses in a manner that promotes student success
● Incorporate active student learning and appropriate use of technology in the classroom
● Teach, advise, and mentor a diverse student population holistically from access to completion
● Collaborate with student services and the international education department
● Attend and participate in regular department meetings
● Work effectively and collegially with faculty and staff across disciplines/programs and campuses
● Engage in ongoing professional development as a process of continuous improvement
• Participate in shared governance and contribute to a positive learning environment
Master's degree in ESL, TESOL, or related field with 3-5 years of teaching experience required.
Successful teaching experience at the college level in “university pathways” or similar programs and knowledge of current pedagogy in English as a Second Language. Experience teaching online or blended courses. Demonstrated involvement and experience with innovative teaching, assessment and evidence-based decision making.
NYIT is an AA/EEO institution.
Email this position to a friend.