Associate Director Patient Simulation Education Specialist
Located in Old Westbury, the College of Osteopathic Medicine at NYIT seeks an Associate Director- Patient Simulation Education Specialist for the Institute of Clinical Competence. Working under the Director, the Associate Director will be based at Nassau’s University Medical Center’s Patient Simulation Center. Candidate will be an experienced health care educator charged with designing and implementing patient simulation education and performance assessment programs, including Standardized Patient and Mannequin based programs. The Associate Director will have a background in simulation-based exam construction gained through formal training and understand the principles of patient safety and Team STEPPS practices. He/she will have excellent written and communication skills, the ability to work with clinicians to design educational programs, and the organization skills and educational background to carry out such programs with a range for learners including medical students and inter-professional health care teams. Candidate will participate in education research and grant-funding activities.
Specifically, candidate will be an experienced patient simulation educator who will:
• Work in a high-level simulation education team.
• Design effective Standardized Patient and Mannequin-based simulation programs for a range of advanced health care students and hospital and ambulatory –based clinicians and inter-professional teams.
• Commit the protocols of such programs to writing, i.e. in an operations manual.
• Carry out such programs independently as needed.
• Collect and report performance data.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of simulation-based education program, manage the operation of the Patient Simulation Center and informs the Director of problems, proposed solutions and progress in carrying out those solutions.
• Assists the Director in appropriate educational, research and grant-writing activities.
A Master’s degree in higher education or a health care education field is required, as well as a minimum of 3 years full time experience employed as a patient simulator educator using Standardized Patient and/or mannequin-based simulations. Excellent communication organizational and computer (MS Office Suite) skills are also required. We offer a competitive benefits package, including tuition remission, along with a professional environment designed to enhance your career development. For immediate consideration please send resume with cover letter to: nyitrecruting.jobs @nyit.edu and reference RA # 1305 on the subject line.
Email this position to a friend.