Associate Director, International Admissions
NYIT seeks an Associate Director, International Admissions. As part of a cross-trained, proactive recruitment team, the incumbent will focus on the activities related to international admissions & on-boarding new international students in New York campuses, and will report to the director, international and global admissions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in developing an international student recruitment and communication plan; armchair recruiting, follow-up strategies, evaluating, interviewing and advising prospective international students; guiding applicants through the application process, reviewing admission files, and making admission decisions.
• Execute direct calling, written, and emailing campaigns as follow up to securing applications, academic documents, admissions, and the enrollment of international students to NYIT.
• Spearhead the social media outreach initiatives for international admissions to engage and yield admitted students and applicants, with the assistance of Marketing & Communication, to increase the number of applications of international students and overall enrollment of the targeted population at NYIT, as well as other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Provide guidance and assistance to on-boarding admitted students through the visa process, arrival, orientation, and initial course registration.
• Assist the international admissions process:
• Serve as a resource for international newly admitted students.
• Act as a liaison between the admissions, office of International Education and other campus constituents to assist admitted students with the initial transition to the college.
• I-20 form and DS 2019 form preparation and shipping
• Placement exam coordination for newly admitted students
• Will be expected to work out of Old Westbury and Manhattan campus as assigned.
• Other office duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree and five or more years of proven experience in international admissions or recruitment are required. Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and prioritizing skills as well as superior attention to details. The position requires evening and weekend work, flexible hours and travel. Must possess the ability to build relationships with international feeder schools, educational agencies, and organizations; strong organizational skills the ability to handle multiple tasks. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in student information systems (ie., Peoplesoft, Datatel) is a plus. Commitment to integrity in the admissions process. Bilingual and Experience with diverse cultures is strongly preferred. Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident to serve as a Designated School Official.
. Please reference job code RA1483 Associate Director GIA in your subject line.
Email this position to a friend.