Job Post Number:
English Language Institute
Graduate Position Type:
Number of Credit Hours:
Responsibilities or Position Duties:
The English Language Institute (ELI) Graduate Assistant will:
1) Provide supervision and daily oversight of the Language Lab.
2) Coordinate all lab activities during working hours.
3) Explain operations of the lab to a variety of people including students and faculty groups as well as individuals.
4) Assess needs of student users and assist students working independently in the lab.
5) Assist faculty members in the use of the lab equipment to prepare for and conduct classes.
6) Provide routine maintenance for lab equipment during working hours and notify coordinator when specialized maintenance and repairs are necessary.
7) As directed by the Lab Coordinator, duplicate, and distribute audio, video, television, and computer software for use in the lab.
8) Assist in maintaining the organization of all lab materials including print, audio, and video materials and software.
9) Be familiar with all software and equipment in the lab. Regularly practice system functions, as well as practice with other equipment/software functions to keep skills up-to-date.
10) Provide lab orientations to classes and faculty members and present lab information to other groups.
11) Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This individual requires a deep level of knowledge related to the capabilities of the products and the technology environment and supports in place at the New York Institute of Technology. Familiarity with Robotel SmartClass+ Language Laboratory software a plus.
To apply for a graduate assistantship, you must have a GPA of 3.25 or greater.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to:
REQUIRED: You must include the job posting number in the subject line of your e-mail when applying.