Job Post Number:
Student Solutions Center
Graduate Position Type:
Number of Credit Hours:
Responsibilities or Position Duties:
1.Assigned to a small caseload of students, the candidate will track and measure their students success by outreaching to remind them of the resources on campus (such as tutoring, learning center) and to register.
2. Assess and diagnose the student’s needs and refer students to the proper department or escalate to an SSC Manager.
4. Complete my4321 plan(goal setting) with students.
5. Assist with the completion of college withdrawal and exit interview forms with students.
6. Contact students to set up appointments to meet with their SSC managers.
7. Assist SSC managers with first semester advisement, course selections and registering students on-line.
8. Support new students with accessing NYIT web-portals (NYIT Connect, Blackboard and mymail and class scheduler).
9. Aid in presenting Registration and Goal-Setting workshops.
10. Assist with Front Desk responsibilities such as answering general questions, phone calls, returning voicemails, updating spreadsheets, mailing, scanning documents and greeting students and families.
11. Assist managers at NYIT events such as Open House, Orientation, Preview Day and Graduation (if needed).
12. Other duties as assigned
Requirements and competences: Bachelor’s degree, maintain detailed record keeping, build a rapport with students, computer literate, and ability to generate professional correspondence(s).
Additional information: our hours of operation are 9am to 6pm Mon and Tues and 9am-5pm Wed-Friday.
To apply for a graduate assistantship, you must have a GPA of 3.25 or greater.
Candidates may submit their resume to Pgomilli@nyit.edu
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to:
REQUIRED: You must include the job posting number in the subject line of your e-mail when applying.