Job Post Number:
College of Arts and Sciences
Graduate Position Type:
Number of Credit Hours:
Responsibilities or Position Duties:
Graduate Assistant: Student Technology Assistant
Fine Arts Department
• Reports to the Technology Coordinator
• Facilitates the use of the wide format printer for students, faculty, and classroom projects
• Provides technical support--software applications and hardware (such as printers and scanners)--to students during open lab times
• Acts as a liaison between the department and Academic Computing: communicate problems such as printer ink replacement, inoperable equipment
• Coordinates check out system for Fine Arts equipment (including DV camera/audio/camera/tripods) for students and faculty
• Supervises work study projects
• Assists with the maintenance of the Fine Arts website
• Coordinates a digital Fine Arts Student Archive for Manhattan and Old Westbury campuses
• Assists with administrative tasks of faculty and staff
• Candidate should be tech savvy with an awareness of Adobe Creative Suite applications. Knowledge of web design is a plus.
• Availability during weekdays preferred, but there is flexibility with hours depending on student's academic schedule
The qualified graduate assistant candidate should be proficient in Adobe software, and technically knowledgeable in both Mac/PC platforms. The candidate will also be a good team player, and be able to follow directions and finish tasks by the deadline. The person must also have good communication skills, be prompt with meetings, and be available in Old Westbury for 10 hours/week.
To apply for a graduate assistantship, you must have a GPA of 3.25 or greater.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to:
REQUIRED: You must include the job posting number in the subject line of your e-mail when applying.