Mar 24 2014
NYIT Gallery 61 Exhibition View the art show, "Trajectories," featuring work by Cora Jane Glasser and Greg Lamarche, through Wednesday, March 26 at 16 W. 61st, 11th floor, NYIT-Manhattan.
NYIT Bookstore Clearance Sale Enjoy 25 to 50 percent off select items through Friday, March 28 online and at NYIT Bookstore locations in Old Westbury (Salten Hall, lower level) and Manhattan (1849 Broadway, first floor).
Diabetes Alert Day Take a diabetes risk test on Tuesday, March 25, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at tables set up in the main lobbies of academic buildings at NYIT-Old Westbury. Participants will be invited to attend a follow-up Diabetes Prevention Workshop on Thursday, April 3. For more information, email email@example.com.
Halfway to Summer Gathering Enjoy an event for faculty and staff hosted by NYIT Dining Services on Wednesday, March 26, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. Cost is $10 and includes food and beverages. R.S.V.P. to Alyson Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.1427.
Regional Recovery Working Group Workshop Participants will share experiences and case studies of recovery efforts across the region, highlight best practices, discuss building codes, and more on Monday, March 31, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. Event is free. For more information, email email@example.com.
NYIT Center for Teaching and Learning Events A workshop and mini-retreats for scholarly writing are some of the center's upcoming events for faculty members. Details include:
- Planning for Tenure and Promotion: Getting Everything Done Workshop Tuesday, April 1, 12:30-1:50 p.m., Harry Schure Hall, room 227 (DL 4), NYIT-Old Westbury, and Edward Guiliano Global Center, room 708, NYIT-Manhattan. What is your professional identity? Make sure the time and effort you expend align with your priorities. Discuss ways to be selective about your commitments and learn tips for portfolio organization. R.S.V.P. for the workshop.
- Mini-Retreats for Scholarly Writing: Are you working on a publication, book proposal, grant, or exhibition catalog? Jumpstart your scholarship with colleagues on Friday, April 4 and Friday, May, 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 16 W. 61st St., room 822, NYIT-Manhattan. Bring your laptop, notes, and other necessary materials. There will be a quiet workspace, coffee and light refreshments, lunch, and plenty of moral support. Come for all or part of the day. R.S.V.P. for a retreat.
Baseball Field Dedication Attend the dedication of NYIT's Angelo Lorenzo Memorial Baseball Field on Saturday, April 5, 11:45 a.m. in Old Westbury. It will be followed by a noon doubleheader: Bears vs. NJIT Highlanders. R.S.V.P. for the event.
Provocative Perspectives on Health Series Richard "Buz" Cooper, M.D., will give the next health lecture on Wednesday, April 9, 4-5:30 p.m. at Riland Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury. He is director of the NYIT Center for the Future of the Health Care Workforce and author of landmark studies on the U.S. physician shortage dilemma. R.S.V.P. for event.
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Networking Session Share ideas and learn about the latest research by your colleagues on Thursday, April 10, 3:30 to 5 p.m., NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Garden Room, Old Westbury campus. R.S.V.P. for event.
NYIT Veterans Discussion Join us for a discussion about supporting veteran students' successful return to coursework on Thursday, April 10, 12:30-1:50 p.m. in Old Westbury (Harry Schure Hall, room DL3) and Manhattan (Edward Guiliano Global Center, 1855 Broadway, room 704). The number of veteran students at NYIT has increased significantly in recent years. Susan Neville, Ph.D., R.N., chair of Department of Nursing, will lead the talk, including discussion of post-traumatic stress disorder. She is a trained professional for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Veteran's and End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium. R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year of Turkey Webinars Attend the three-part webinar series, "Advances in Technology for Global Education," on Mondays, 9-10 a.m., as follows:
Relay for Life Join NYIT in the fight against cancer from Friday, April 25 to Saturday, April 26, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. at President's Field, NYIT-Old Westbury. Relay for Life raises money for cancer research. For more information, email email@example.com.
Spring 2014 Dining Schedule Stop by NYIT eateries to experience new daily features, including:
- Lunch action stations at Riland Café and Student Activity Center (SAC) Café.
- Monday breakfast station and Wednesday taco salad bowl station at SAC Café.
- Tuesday and Thursday live action station at Riland Café as well as a new soup and half sandwich station.
Citation Workshops Are your students stressing over citations? NYIT librarians will show them how to use RefWorks to manage and cite their sources at April workshops from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Wisser Library, room L16, NYIT-Old Westbury.