Mar 17 2014
NYIT Gallery 61 Exhibition View the art show, "Trajectories," featuring work by Cora Jane Glasser and Greg Lamarche, through Wednesday, March 26 at 16 W. 61st, 11th floor, NYIT-Manhattan.
Professional Engineering Conference NYIT will host the Long Island American Society of Safety Engineers' Professional Development Conference on Wednesday, March 19, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. This year's theme is "The Legal Aspects of Safety." Speakers include trial attorneys, OSHA supervisors, NYCDEP regulators, and safety industry leaders. View event details.
Year of Turkey Webinars Attend the three-part webinar series, "Advances in Technology for Global Education," on Mondays, 9-10 a.m., as follows:
- March 24: Screen-Recording with Jing
- April 21: Video-Conferencing Using Zoom
- May 19: Supporting Courses with Edmodo
Diabetes Alert Day Take a diabetes risk test on Tuesday, March 25, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at tables set up in the main lobbies of academic buildings at NYIT-Old Westbury. Participants will be invited to attend a follow-up Diabetes Prevention Workshop on Thursday, April 3. For more information, email email@example.com.
Provost Discovery Luncheon Reserve your spot for the Provost Discovery Luncheon from 12:30 to 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25 in Manhattan (16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium) or Thursday, March 27 in Old Westbury (Riland Auditorium). R.S.V.P. for this event.
Global Cybersecurity Conference Experts in cybersecurity will join NYIT for a conference in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, March 25, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, Bainouna Street.
- View an agenda.
- Follow on Twitter: #nyitcyber and #nyitabudhabi.
Halfway to Summer Gathering Enjoy an event for faculty and staff hosted by NYIT Dining Services on Wednesday, March 26, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. Cost is $10 and includes food and beverages. R.S.V.P. to Alyson Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.686.1427.
Regional Recovery Working Group Workshop Participants will share experiences and case studies of recovery efforts across the region, highlight best practices, discuss building codes, and more on Monday, March 31, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. Event is free. For more information, email email@example.com.
NYIT Center for Teaching and Learning Events A workshop and mini-retreats for scholarly writing are some of the center's upcoming events for faculty members. Details include:
- Planning for Tenure and Promotion: Getting Everything Done Workshop Tuesday, April 1, 12:30-1:50 p.m., Harry Schure Hall, room 227 (DL 4), NYIT-Old Westbury, and Edward Guiliano Global Center, room 708, NYIT-Manhattan. What is your professional identity? Make sure the time and effort you expend align with your priorities. Discuss ways to be selective about your commitments and learn tips for portfolio organization. R.S.V.P. for the workshop.
- Mini-Retreats for Scholarly Writing: Are you working on a publication, book proposal, grant, or exhibition catalog? Jumpstart your scholarship with colleagues on Friday, April 4 and Friday, May, 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 16 W. 61st St., room 822, NYIT-Manhattan. Bring your laptop, notes, and other necessary materials. There will be a quiet workspace, coffee and light refreshments, lunch, and plenty of moral support. Come for all or part of the day. R.S.V.P. for a retreat.
Baseball Field Dedication Attend the dedication of NYIT's Angelo Lorenzo Memorial Baseball Field on Saturday, April 5, 11:45 a.m. in Old Westbury. It will be followed by a noon doubleheader: Bears vs. NJIT Highlanders. R.S.V.P. for the event.
Citation Workshops Are your students stressing over citations? NYIT librarians will show them how to use RefWorks to manage and cite their sources at April workshops from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Wisser Library, room L16, NYIT-Old Westbury.
Relay for Life Join NYIT in the fight against cancer from Friday, April 25 to Saturday, April 26, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m. at President's Field, NYIT-Old Westbury. Relay for Life raises money for cancer research. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2014 Dining Schedule Stop by NYIT eateries to experience new daily features, including:
- Lunch action stations at Riland Café and Student Activity Center (SAC) Café.
- Monday breakfast station and Wednesday taco salad bowl station at SAC Café.
- Tuesday and Thursday live action station at Riland Café as well as a new soup and half sandwich station.