Mar 10 2014
Presidential Lecture Learn how to sharpen your strategic problem-solving and leadership skills from Gen. Richard A. Cody, the highly decorated former vice chief of staff of the U.S. Army. at the Presidential Lecture, "Leadership in the 21st Century," on Thursday, March 13, 5:30 p.m. at NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, Manhattan campus. With 32 years of active duty, including Operation Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom, Cody will also explain how his military experiences and skills translated to the corporate world as an executive at L-3 Communications. The lecture will be followed by a Q&A conversation with Cody. R.S.V.P. for the event.
Creating Apps: Reaching Out in Real-Time Hear from leaders in the tech industry at a presentation co-hosted by NYIT and the Center for Communication on Tuesday, March 11, 6:30-8 p.m. at NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, Manhattan campus. Event is free for the NYIT community. Email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
NYIT Gallery 61 Exhibition: "Trajectories" Attend a discussion and walk-through with artists Cora Jane Glasser and Greg Lamarche on Wednesday, March 12, 1:30-2:30 p.m. at NYIT Gallery 61, 16 W. 61st, 11th floor, NYIT-Manhattan. Discussion will be moderated by Ann Aptaker, adjunct professor of fine arts. Glasser and Lamarche are artists featured in the exhibition, "Trajectories," which runs through Wednesday, March 26.
Nursing Colloquium Attend the ninth nursing colloquium on Thursday, March 13, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in Riland Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury. Event topic is "A Global Look at Infectious Disease and Nutrition Across the Lifespan." For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citation Workshops Are your students stressing over citations? NYIT librarians will show them how to use RefWorks to manage and cite their sources at workshops from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Wisser Library, room L16, on the following dates in Old Westbury:
- Thursday, March 13
- Tuesday, April 8
- Tuesday, April 22
Professional Engineering Conference NYIT will host the Long Island American Society of Safety Engineers' Professional Development Conference on Wednesday, March 19, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. This year's theme is "The Legal Aspects of Safety." Speakers include trial attorneys, OSHA supervisors, NYCDEP regulators, and safety industry leaders. View event details.
Global Cybersecurity Conference Experts in cybersecurity will join NYIT for a conference in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, March 25, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, Bainouna Street.
Provost Discovery Luncheon Reserve your spot for the Provost Discovery Luncheon from 12:30 to 1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, March 25 in Manhattan (16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium) or Thursday, March 27 in Old Westbury (Riland Auditorium). R.S.V.P. for this event.
NYIT Center for Teaching and Learning Events A workshop and mini-retreats for scholarly writing are some of the center's upcoming events for faculty members. Details include:
- Planning for Tenure and Promotion: Getting Everything Done Workshop Tuesday, April 1, 12:30-1:50 p.m., Harry Schure Hall, room 227 (DL 4), NYIT-Old Westbury, and Edward Guiliano Global Center, room 708, NYIT-Manhattan. What is your professional identity? Make sure the time and effort you expend align with your priorities. Discuss ways to be selective about your commitments and learn tips for portfolio organization. R.S.V.P. for the workshop.
- Mini-Retreats for Scholarly Writing: Are you working on a publication, book proposal, grant, or exhibition catalog? Jumpstart your scholarship with colleagues on Friday, April 4 and Friday, May, 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 16 W. 61st St., room 822, NYIT-Manhattan. Bring your laptop, notes, and other necessary materials. There will be a quiet workspace, coffee and light refreshments, lunch, and plenty of moral support. Come for all or part of the day. R.S.V.P. for a retreat.
Spring 2014 Dining Schedule Stop by NYIT eateries to experience new daily features, including:
- Lunch action stations at Riland Café and Student Activity Center (SAC) Café.
- Monday breakfast station and Wednesday taco salad bowl station at SAC Café.
- Tuesday and Thursday live action station at Riland Café as well as a new soup and half sandwich station.