Mar 04 2014
Global Cybersecurity Conference Experts in cybersecurity will join NYIT for a conference in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday, March 25, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, Bainouna Street.
NYIT Health Lecture Attend the next Provocative Perspectives on Health lecture on Wednesday, March 5, 4 p.m. at Riland Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury. Otis Webb Brawley, M.D., chief medical and scientific officer and executive vice president of the American Cancer Society, will discuss his book, How We Do Harm: A Doctor Breaks Ranks About Being Sick in America. R.S.V.P. for the lecture.
SHE-E-O: A Woman's Guide to Life After College Mark your calendar for a panel presentation and networking opportunities on Thursday, March 6, 6-8 p.m. at NYIT Auditorium on Broadway. The event is inspired by Sheryl Sandberg's best-selling book and movement Lean In. Learn from successful women in human resources, law, marketing/branding, sustainability and higher education, who will share their insights on negotiating your next salary, telling your story, and how to build strong networking relationships. Light refreshments will be served. R.S.V.P. by Monday, March 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating Apps: Reaching Out in Real-Time Hear from leaders in the tech industry at a presentation co-hosted by NYIT and the Center for Communication on Tuesday, March 11, 6:30-8 p.m. at NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, Manhattan campus. Event is free for the NYIT community. Email email@example.com to reserve your seat.
Citation Workshops Are your students stressing over citations? NYIT librarians will show them how to use RefWorks to manage and cite their sources at workshops from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Wisser Library, room L16, on the following dates in Old Westbury:
- Thursday, March 13
- Tuesday, April 8
- Tuesday, April 22
Nursing Colloquium Attend the ninth nursing colloquium on Thursday, March 13, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in Riland Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury. Event topic is "A Global Look at Infectious Disease and Nutrition Across the Lifespan." For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYIT Center for Teaching and Learning Events A new learning community, mini-retreats for scholarly writing, and workshops are some of the center's upcoming events for faculty members. Read on for more information:
Mini-Retreats for Scholarly Writing: Are you working on a publication, book proposal, grant, or exhibition catalog? Jumpstart your scholarship with colleagues for one or more Fridays of intensive writing. Details include:
- Dates: March 7, April 4, May 2
- Times: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Location: 16 W. 61st St., room 822, NYIT-Manhattan
- You provide: your laptop, notes, and other necessary materials
- We provide: quiet workspace, coffee and light refreshments throughout the day, lunch, and moral support
Come for all or part of the day. R.S.V.P. for a retreat.
Workshops: Tenure-track faculty member should save the date for the following workshops:
- Planning for Tenure and Promotion: Institutional Expectations: Tuesday, March 11, 12:30-1:50 p.m., Harry Schure Hall, room 227 (DL 5), NYIT-Old Westbury, and Edward Guiliano Global Center, room 702, NYIT-Manhattan. Learn about institutional requirements for reappointment, tenure and promotion, and how to link what you do to NYIT’s mission and strategic goals. R.S.V.P. for the workshop.
- Planning for Tenure and Promotion: Getting Everything Done: Tuesday, April 1, 12:30-1:50 p.m., Harry Schure Hall, room 227 (DL 4), NYIT-Old Westbury, and Edward Guiliano Global Center, room 708, NYIT-Manhattan. What is your professional identity? Make sure the time and effort you expend align with your priorities. Discuss ways to be selective about your commitments and learn tips for portfolio organization. R.S.V.P. for the workshop.
Spring 2014 Dining Schedule Stop by NYIT eateries to experience new daily features, including:
- Lunch action stations at Riland Café and Student Activity Center (SAC) Café.
- Monday breakfast station and Wednesday taco salad bowl station at SAC Café.
- Tuesday and Thursday live action station at Riland Café as well as a new soup and half sandwich station.