Oct 19 2012
Archtober Join NYIT's School of Architecture and Design for events celebrating the architecture of New York City in October, including:
- RELIEF WORK: Ceramic Maps, Modern Sculpture - Through Thursday, Nov. 15, 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. at NYIT Gallery 61, 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor, Manhattan campus.
- Thesis Retrospective 1990-2012, Amatuzzo Studio Section - Through Sunday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Education Hall Center Gallery, Old Westbury campus.
Free Flick NYIT's Department of Communication Arts presents free films from the 1950s. View the comedy The Night of the Hunter on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 5:30 p.m., NYIT de Seversky Mansion, room 102 (The Soundstage). Refreshments will be served.
American Culture Club Meetings are scheduled for Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the NYIT Center for Humanities and Culture at NUPT, Building 1, room 207, Nanjing campus. The next one on Oct. 29 will celebrate Halloween. Read a lineup of events.
United Healthcare Sessions NYIT's insurance company will come to the New York campuses to answer questions before open enrollment begins on Monday, Oct. 29. Informational meeting dates/times include:
- Manhattan campus: Wednesday, Oct. 24, 12:30-2 p.m., 16. W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium
- Old Westbury campus: Thursday, Oct. 25, 12:45-2 p.m., Salten Hall, room 2
Gold Coast International Film Festival Mingle with actors, filmmakers, and artists at free events held at NYIT's New York campuses. R.S.V.P. to Terri Carr Muran at email@example.com.
- Celebrating the Anniversary of West Side Story Tuesday Oct. 23, 6:30 p.m. at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, 1871 Broadway (between 61st and 62nd Streets), Manhattan campus. Actors Russ Tamblyn and George Chikiris will discuss making the movie.
- Bill Plympton Master Class Friday, Oct. 26, 11 a.m. at the NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus.
TIAA-CREF Appointments A TIAA-CREF representative will be visiting NYIT's New York campuses during the fall 2012 semester to provide personal investment and retirement counseling for program participants. To schedule an appointment, call 516.454.4006. Appointments may be scheduled from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on/at the following dates and locations:
- Manhattan (16 W. 61st St., room 1119): Thursday, Nov. 1
- Old Westbury (Wisser Library, Room LL15): Monday, Dec. 10
Start Up City, Part 2: Tales from the Alley Learn from entrepreneurs who have started their own businesses on Thursday, Nov. 1, 6:30-8 p.m. at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway, 1871 Broadway (between 61st and 62nd Streets), Manhattan campus. R.S.V.P. by calling 212.686.5005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frank Sinatra Tribute Dinner Enjoy an evening of dinner and music in classic Frank Sinatra style on Thursday, Nov. 1, 6-9 p.m. at the NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus. Cost is $120 per person, plus tax and 20 percent service charge. The five-course menu offers Sinatra's favorite meals inspired by Patsy's Italian restaurant. After dinner, meet Chef Sal Scognamillo from Patsy's and receive a copy of his signed cookbook. Music will be played by George Pettignano. For reservations, call 516.686.7675.
CarFit Program NYIT's Department of Occupational Therapy will provide free safety checks for older adults interested in measuring how well they fit in their cars on Saturday, Nov. 3, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in North Parking Lot at NYIT-Old Westbury. For more information, call 516.686.3886.
Provost Discovery Luncheon Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Rahmat Shoureshi, Ph.D., invites faculty members to learn about the latest research by colleagues, 12:30-1:50 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6 in Manhattan (16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium) and Thursday, Nov. 8 in Old Westbury (Riland Auditorium). R.S.V.P. for the luncheon.
Employee Recognition Ceremony Each year, NYIT honors faculty and staff members who have worked at the university for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35 years or more by inviting them to an annual Employee Recognition Ceremony. This year’s event will be held on Thursday, Nov. 15 at the NYIT de Seversky Mansion in Old Westbury, N.Y.