Oct 09 2013
Save the dates for upcoming events for NYIT faculty members hosted by NYIT Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Rahmat Shoureshi. They include:
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 12:45-2:10 p.m., Rockefeller Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury.
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 12:45-2:10 p.m., 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium, NYIT-Manhattan.
This semi-annual conference provides an open dialogue between faculty members and the provost, and a forum to share updates on academic activities, achievements, and new initiatives. All faculty members are encouraged to attend and participate. Lunch will be served.
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Networking Sessions
- Tuesday, Oct. 29, 3:30-5 p.m., NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Garden Room, NYIT-Old Westbury.
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m., 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium, NYIT-Manhattan.
These sessions are designed to stimulate cross-disciplinary ideas related to teaching, scholarship, and service among NYIT faculty members. There will be short presentations from faculty members in various schools to share their latest innovative ideas.
Provost Discovery Luncheons
- Tuesday, Nov. 5, 12:45-2:10 p.m., Riland Auditorium, NYIT-Old Westbury. Associate Professor Richard Simpson will present his research on "Automatic Configuration of Technologies for People with Disabilities."
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 12:45-2:10 p.m., 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium, NYIT-Manhattan. Associate Professor Deborah Cohn will present "The Bright Side: The Contribution of Consumer Values and Diffusion of Innovation to Green Marketing Success for Sustainability."
Both presentations will be webcast. Lunch will be served.