Oct 01 2012
NYIT will host several events this month as part of Archtober, a festival of special tours, lectures, films, and exhibitions presented by the American Institute of Architects' New York chapter and participating architectural organizations. The October celebration will raise awareness of the importance of architecture and design by involving local communities and encouraging international recognition of New York's built environment. NYIT's Archtober events include:
- Inspired Colleagues; Selected Work by Teachers and Students through Thursday, Oct. 4, 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., NYIT Gallery 61, Manhattan campus.
- Lecture by Ron Altoon Tuesday, Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m., NYIT de Seversky Mansion, Old Westbury campus (VIP dinner at 5 p.m.) This event will feature the presentation of The FRIENDS of NYIT School of Architecture and Design scholarship awards.
- RELIEF WORK: Ceramic Maps, Modern Sculpture Thursday, Oct. 11 - Thursday, Nov. 15, 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., NYIT Gallery 61, Manhattan campus.
- Thesis Retrospective 1990-2012, Amatuzzo Studio Section Saturday, Oct. 13 - Sunday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Education Hall Center Gallery, Old Westbury campus.
- Presentation and Conversation with HOLLER Architecture Tuesday, Oct. 16, 6 p.m., Axor NYC - Design Studio, 29 Ninth Ave., New York City.
- Lecture by Preston Scott Cohen Thursday, Oct. 18, 6:30 p.m., 16 W. 61st St., 11th floor auditorium, Manhattan campus.
For more information about Archtober, visit archtober.org.