Jul 30 2013
The NYIT Office of Career Services will launch the the Student Employment Readiness Award in the fall 2013 semester. It's a yearlong program for student workers to strengthen their professionalism in the workplace and enhance their career development.
NYIT staff supervisors should encourage student employees to enter the program. Participants will be given career-related tasks, including:
- Having an approved resume on Career Net.
- Completing a self-assessment test.
- Scheduling an appointment with a career advisor.
- Conducting an informational interview.
- Joining professional associations.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile.
- Ordering professional business cards from the Office of Career Services.
For more information about signing up your student worker, contact Caren Sobier, assistant director of student employment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.